“Best way to see Washington!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Smithsonian National Mall Tours

Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Ranked #36 of 139 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride beside history! Prepared in consultation with Smithsonian experts, this premiere Segway tour highlights the architecture, art, culture, and history of Washington, DC's National Mall and many of Smithsonian's famed museums. Hear the many stories behind DC's landmarks and most famous national treasures on this three hour tour. Covering over 1,000 acres of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, this is DC's only tour that departs directly from the Mall at the National Museum of American History. Must be at least 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
Knoxville, Tennessee
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Best way to see Washington!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We only had two days to tour DC, so we decided to go on a segway tour. I saw other tours with more postitive reviews, but we chose Smithsonian because of their reputation for excellence. This tour did not disappoint! I also learned that the only reason there aren't more positive reviews is that they haven't been open very long. Rich, our tour guide was amazing. You could tell he was a history major, although I admit I did tune him out because the segway was so much fun. He stopped and took lots of photos of us and gave us time to rest and take photos. The 5 pm sunset tour was amazing. The sun going down over the Capital Building was just breath taking. I would highly recommend this tour. It was our third time on segways, but Rich still had us do the training to insure our safety. He is actually employed by Segway, so safety was his first priority. We saw everything we hoped to see and more!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Only time for one thing to do in D.C.? Do this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Great fun. Easy to learn and a joy to ride. You get to see a lot in a short amount of time. Plenty of picture opportunities. I'll be doing this one again!

“Awesome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Ir Was a Fantastic tour. Dan out Tour guide was very knowledgeable. I would do it again in a heartbeat. We saw all the different monuments in the 3 hour tour. The segways were really fun to drive.

Austin, Texas
152 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 267 helpful votes
“A fun way to see the Mall”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We took the three hour tour and had a wonderful time with Rick, our guide. We did the 9am tour and only my husband and I were on the tour in early October. I had lived in DC and we had been in town for a few days when we did the tour. It was still a great experience. Rick is a history major and works for Segway. I am glad we used this company as the are associated with the Smithsonian. It is a great thing to do to get an overall feel of the mall. Even if you know the mall, like I did I still learned things. Plus, it is just fun to ride around on the Segways. I was nervous to be on one as I had never done it before. It took about 10 minutes and I felt totally comfortable. You do a drill course and warm up before they let you ride around the mall. I like the ear pieces so you can ride and still hear your guide. You stop and can get off in places to take quick photos. However, you are moving at a steady clip to see everything in 3 hours. The longest break was at the new MLK memorial. A good place for a long break as they do have one of the better restrooms.

I will encourage all my friends heading to DC to do the tour. It was fun, educational and a good way to see the mall. First, time to DC do this first as an overview to plan the rest of your trip. Thank you Rick for the enjoyable tour.

San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Terrific Passionate Confident Guides”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Great way to see the city. The Segway is such a simple thing to learn how to manage. Bob was our guide and just terrific. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience from Start to Finish and plan on bringing our children back next fall.