“A great choice to discover the DC mall”

Smithsonian National Mall Tours
Ranked #46 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride beside history! Prepared in consultation with Smithsonian experts, this premiere Segway tour highlights the architecture, art, culture, and history of Washington, DC's National Mall and many of Smithsonian's famed museums. Hear the many stories behind DC's landmarks and most famous national treasures on this three hour tour. Covering over 1,000 acres of the National Mall and Memorial Parks, this is DC's only tour that departs directly from the Mall at the National Museum of American History. Must be at least 16 years old to participate. (Min. weight 100lbs, max 260lbs).
Reviewed September 26, 2012

My wife and I have traveled to DC in the past and did the "mall walk" viewing every monument on the Mall. We never really knew how much was undiscovered until we booked a Segway tour with Smithsonian Tours by Segway. Our tour guide, Cameron, was awesome. Very knowledgeable and super friendly. He was also very patient and made sure my wife was comfortable on the Segway, continually checking as she improved. We learned so much about the area and also picked up little known facts about certain monuments and buildings. We highly recommend this tour, and if you are lucky enough to get Cameron as a guide, you will not be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Smithsonian National Mall Tours

Reviewed September 26, 2012

a 77 year old and a 14 year old doing something together that was great fun. tour guide was exellent

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I came up with the idea of doing a Segway tour as soon as we decided to visit DC. Having done a little research I saw the two main players (Capital and City Segway) and all their good reviews on Tripadvisor but came across Smithsonian Tours just before I was about to book.

How glad I am that we decided to take this tour over the others!?

Our tour was on our first morning in DC and we were both a bit travel weary. We had prebooked and it was a little difficult finding the place to start with but eventually I chased down a man on a Segway whom turned out to be our tour guide, Ric.

We had the benefit of being the only two people on the tour so it was very personal and at our pace. I believe they also keep the group sizes small anyway so you get better value for money compared to the more established companies who have much larger group sizes. We saw other tours out at the same time with over ten in a group. Not fun when you have to go at the pace of the slowest!

It took a little bit of time before we were comfortable but Ric was super friendly and helpful and made us both feel confident in a short amount of time. Soon we were whizzing up the National Mall and around all the sights. In total, we had over two hours on the Segway and this was very good value for the money.

It's definitely the best way to see DC to start with. And Smithsonian tours do seem to be a good option, especially while they seen relatively unknown!

2  Thank davideJ808VV
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I went to the Smithsonian in the summer with two friends. We had an excellent tour of the monuments from Deb, who was very friendly and happy to answer questions. The Segways were very fun to drive and enabled us to see much more of the Smithsonian in the time we had and Deb provided relevant, interesting and fun info that really adds to the experience. Don't be phased by the price - it is worth every penny :D

Reviewed September 21, 2012

I did the 2 hours tour with my husband, mother-in-law, and family friend. We had a fantastic tour guide (Dan) and trip around the city. I live locally and have seen all the sights, but still learned some great new facts and was very entertained the entire time! Fun way to see the city I totally recommend to everyone!!