“Don't bother, you can find deals elsewhere”

Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University
Ranked #115 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Nice staff, poorly kept hotel and in a bad location.

If you visit DC you want to stay in a hotel that is convenient to the metro. You have to take a school shuttle to Union Station and get on the metro from there. It will take you quite awhile to get anywhere. It is quite a ways out of the central DC area. I've stayed in DC many times.

The hotel was dirty and we both nearly fell several times in the shower. All hotels have some sort of grip on the bathtub floor for showering. The water pressure was not good and the pipes need to be redone. The breakfast that we paid for was not good and several of the utensils and cups were dirty.

As I said, the staff was very nice and helpful but the management doesn't have a clue. The campus at Gallaudet is beautiful.

If you are in your 20's you may feel differently about this place.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol H
Clement G, Manager at Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for choosing to share your review. I am really disappointed as you had some negative experience during your stay.

As we are in the Gallaudet University, the same shuttle used by both university and the guests. If you look into our guest reviews, they have appreciated our shuttle service. I am sorry that we have failed to meet your requirements. About the water pressure, we have gone through the whole hotel with our engineer, and took the corrective measure. We have no complain on water pressure yet. Regarding your comments on b.fast, our F&B manager has been briefed and he has taken immediate steps to correct the concerns.

Thank you for your nice comments on our staff and the landscaping. Please allow me to take care of your future booking. And I am assuring you that we will make your stay a comfortable one. Please feel free to contact me for any of your queries and reservations.

I really appreciate your time.

Clement Gomes
Rooms Division Manager
Kellogg Conference Hotel
clement.gomes@gallaudet.edu

There are newer reviews for Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University

Reviewed October 11, 2013

we loved this hotel! for 90$ we received the most beautiful, large, clean room which great view (we could even see the capital!) and for 85$ our friends stayed in 1 double bed room (4 people) and it was absolutely great! the hotel is in the middle of the university so there is not much around, but it is perfect if you have a car or if you dont mind taking the shuttle to union station. for the price and quality - it is worth it!

Room Tip: Couples king size bed room was lovely and have lots of space (but doesnt have a bath - only a shower...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is located on the campus of Gallaudet University--a beautiful, quiet and peaceful setting. The staff is friendly and helpful and they offer a free shuttle service to downtown DC. It's conveniently located and only a couple of miles to the Capitol building or White House, so you can walk to those sites if you prefer.

The staff was friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean. I agree with the other reviewer though that the water pressure in the shower was weak--though I don't consider that a big deal.

The rates were low, though it did not include breakfast. There is a cafe in the hotel that sells breakfast, but it is pricey for what you get and as soon as the scheduled breakfast hour ends they whisk away the food and utensils with an almost angry fervor. The breakfast was the only thing preventing me from giving this hotel a five star rating.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel is a hidden gem of D.C. It is close to Union Station and has a very convenient and timely shuttle the station. (every 20-30 minutes) Staff is very friendly and attentive. Location is serene and secure. Highly recommend for a relaxing night's sleep. Good value.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill T
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I would have normally given this a 3 or 4... but the two following things really upset me. 1) The poor quality of their showers. Very low water pressure that just did not take the shampoo out of my hair. 2) I accidentally left a NorthFace jacket in my room. I called a couple hours later - they transferred me straight to housekeeping where I left a message. I never heard back. Not at all happy with their customer service in this regard and will not be staying there again under my own dime.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ErikaGuarino
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for the first time about 5 years ago. I found it by looking for hotels in DC that didn't cost an arm and a leg but was clean. We love this place. The rooms are clean, quiet and roomy enough. The staff goes out of the way to assist you. This visit was not planned because my son had a health scare and we went to be with him. The staff was concerned and remembered to ask about him each day.
The breckfasts were good and fresh. We did not eat there for any other meal.
It is easy to get to the Hotel and the parking garage was close. There are shuttles to the Metro.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Katy G
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Hotel provided most things you could want during a short stay. Rooms were spacious and clean although the air conditioning could not be turned off. We would have preferred to open a window. Staff were very helpful at all times during our stay. The free shuttle service to Union station was excellent and the grounds of the university beautiful as was Washington itself.

• Stayed: August 2013