Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University
Ranked #115 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed June 17, 2011

Very good hotel with friendly staff, big comfortable rooms in a quiet environment. The neighbourhood around the hotel didn't look safe to me but they offer free 10-minute shuttle service to union station which is great.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 28, 2011

I stayed at this hotel because I had a conference there. I had a large, spacious suite (though one of the two televisions didn't really "work"), and I was very comfortable. The hotel is not in the greatest location if you want to walk out the door and see D.C. *however* they offer a very convenient 10-minute free shuttle service that takes you right into the heart of D.C. This is a terrific option. The staff was friendly and pleasant. I didn't take advantage of the little bar, but it looked nice. They have a very well-stocked 24-hour "convenience store" right next to the front desk that cleverly offers things like sandwiches, wine, and potato chips. They did a very nice job with the conference and the conference dinner. It's not what I'd call a luxurious hotel, but it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bluegrassdog
Reviewed April 28, 2011

I checked in, everything was fine I had a nice sleep and the next day I went out to get breakfast. When I came back my fridge was gone. I knew I had a fridge to begin with because I put my drink in there. There was only an empty space. I went downstairs and said my fridge was missing. They said they took it becuase it wasn't included in the reservation. I told them they can't give someone a room with a fridge an then take it out the next day while I'm gone, shady people. I told them that the reservation doesn't say I get an iron, coffee maker, hot water, air conditioning and internet. But nonetheless all of those are included and no one took those out. It's becuase I booked for a lower price than most when I checked out the rates the day of. Never go to a hotel that changes its mind on what amenities they give you one day and then take it when you're gone.

Room Tip: look to another hotel
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank adventure83
Reviewed April 17, 2011

The hotel is nice...large rooms, clean and comfortable. Gallaudet is a really pretty campus and the Kellogg Center is located there...however, as stated in other reviews, the area around campus is pretty sketchy. The person at the desk was very nice but a bit disorganized. Free high speed internet worked great. The exercise room is pretty small and limited but was fine for a quick workout. No food service available after a certain time, however breakfast and lunch at their resturant were very good.

Overall, very pleasant place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Gail W
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Panasonic was the lead sponsor for Gallaudet University's First World Deaf Cinema Festival (WDCF). When I checked in I was told the hotel was over booked. I was offered off site accommodations, which I declined since as the lead sponsor and exhibitor I needed to be within close proximity. I finally agreed to stay in a room with only a pull-out sofa, which was not very comfortable. The WDCF event was great, but, my hotel stay was less than great.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Tony J
Reviewed August 8, 2010

This hotel is situated in the university grounds some way from Union Station,our arrival point; although once we found the free shuttle bus( it leaves from the upper level car park timetables are provided by the hotel) then it is easy to get to and from. The staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was huge, very clean,light and airy. The beds were most comfortable affording a good nights sleep. The bathroom was spotless and of a good standard. Be aware that out of term time the only transport available to and from town after about 6pm are taxis so if on a budget then this may prove expensive. The metro though only a few streets away was not recommended after this time. A good hotel but probably not for the average tourist given its location.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shelley066
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The number one issue about this hotel is the service. There is only one person at the desk and it will take you about 30 minutes to an hour to check out. The employees there take their sweet time to do their duties. Another thing is that the hotel is pricey. It should be around 100 dollars a night.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business