My husband attended a conference in DC in July. We were able to choose from a list of over 20 DC area hotels and choose the Mandarin Oriental based on photos and reviews. We were a little concerned about the location and soon realized we loved the proximity to the Smithsonian museums and Holocaust Museum. It was only a short walk to the Smithsonian metro station, which allowed quick access to other sites.
We arrived around noon to check in and received a friendly greeting and quick check-in. We were even provided with lavender scented wash clothes to refresh our hands at the front desk. Upon returning from dinner, we entered the room to relaxing music, the beds turned down and fresh ice and water on the nightstands.
The room was amazing and we had a view of the Potomac River. The seating area and bed were both comfy. My favorite part of the room was the large bathroom with a soaking tub and television. Housekeeping did a great job each day providing plenty of extra towels and bath ammenities. Everything was spotless.
The restaurants have a wonderful reputation but are pricey. We choose to dine throughout the city and took a taxi or the metro back to the hotel. Although the streets around the hotel were quiet at night, we felt safe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MO is celebrating the grand opening of District Wharf: DC’s hottest new waterfront neighborhood featuring over 20 exciting restaurants, the cool new Anthem concert hall, thrilling nightspots with live music, eclectic shopping, three public piers, and invigorating street life. Its all an easy walk out of our back door and down the street. With our freshly redesigned guest rooms, immersive spa, acclaimed guest service, and expansive views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental is Washington’s internationally sophisticated luxury hotel. We offer privileged access to the globally-minded, design-oriented, enthusiast travelers who are our guests. Whether you stroll to the National Mall and Tidal Basin or never leave the hotel, you’ll get the best of DC and feel a home away from home. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous the world over for providing intuitive service, elevated dining, arresting design, and sensuous wellness. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental