Have just returned from a four night stay at the mardarin oriental. I was very impressed and was given top quality customer service throughout my stay.
Took taxi ride (around 55$ from dulles airport) after flight from uk.
checkin was very smooth, with receptionist coming out from behind the desk to chat face to face which i thought was a nice touch.
room was large, and very clean. had a 7th floor room, with view over city. i could see washington monument. (if i looked down i could see the rail track, and empty parking lot, although this was not a problem). beds were excellent, large choice of tv channels and wonderful bathroom - both shower and bath. again it was all very clean.
had breakfast at onsite resturant. great buffet, wonderful quality food (22$, so not the cheapest option). tables with view over tidal basin. my colleague also ate at the cityzen resturant for an evening meal, and again it was quality fare.
checkout was swift, and storage of bags no problem. took taxi back to airport again.
overall, this was a great stay, if you can get affordable rate. fully recommended. i will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MO is celebrating the grand opening of District Wharf: DC’s hottest new waterfront neighborhood featuring over 20 exciting restaurants, the cool new Anthem concert hall, thrilling nightspots with live music, eclectic shopping, three public piers, and invigorating street life. Its all an easy walk out of our back door and down the street. With our freshly redesigned guest rooms, immersive spa, acclaimed guest service, and expansive views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental is Washington’s internationally sophisticated luxury hotel. We offer privileged access to the globally-minded, design-oriented, enthusiast travelers who are our guests. Whether you stroll to the National Mall and Tidal Basin or never leave the hotel, you’ll get the best of DC and feel a home away from home. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous the world over for providing intuitive service, elevated dining, arresting design, and sensuous wellness. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental