The Mandarin Oriental has excellent service from the minute you arrive, to when you get to your room. As an 18-year old, I have grown to expect a certain level of discrimination especially in five-star hotels. This hotel, not only treated me like a king, but learned my habits, and favored my requests. Their rates are affordable, and I highly recommend the Tai Pan Club, which provides private eloquence, and a great place to smoke cigars on the balcony (ask the attendees at the club to move the chairs outside). The rooms have always been clean and well stocked, and when I forgot deodorant it was delivered promptly.
The Spa at the Mandarin is excellent, although I feel it is obnoxiously overpriced. At $250 without tip for a deep tissue massage, and no cancellation (I made my reservation 3 months prior, turns out a meeting I was attending conflicted, could not move, had to pay $250 to get a massage I did not have.
I highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental, and if you had one choice for your stay in D.C. I strongly recommend the Mandarin Oriental. Just be careful of the Spa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When autumn comes and the weather cools down, Washington gets down to business as it becomes more walkable and much livelier. It’s the perfect time to plan a trip with fun outdoor festivals, live concerts, thought-provoking museum exhibits, along with some of the world’s most recognized monuments, and the nation’s most cherished memorials. With newly renovated guest rooms and only hotel featuring views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is at the center of everything. Our guests enjoy short walks to the National Mall, the Smithsonian Institution, and Washington Monument. Soon, guests will be able to stroll over to District Wharf—a brand new development along the waterfront featuring over 20 restaurants, an exciting concert venue called The Anthem, nightclubs with live entertainment, fun shopping, and luxury residences. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing the finest service, dining, design, and spas. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Mandarin Oriental, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental