This is my second visit here for an overnight stay for business function. From the moment you arrive, you feel welcome and special. When checking in you are greeted with a friendly hello and a warm towel to refresh yourself. The rooms are A+, large, luxurious, clean and comfortable. The bathrooms are huge, with a soaking size tub and a large tiled shower with one of the most powerful and soothing showerheads I've ever experienced.
The housekeepers have an invisible presence in your room, making subtle adjustments as the day goes by to help you out along the way. The large tv swivels toward the bed but doesn't swivel the other way towards the desk. I did have an ice bucket full of water when I arrived, which I imagine was waiting ice at one time. I walked the hall looking for ice without success and imagined the security staff watching me through the many cameras situated along the halls, half thinking an invisible voice would tell me that there is no ice on the floor and call housekeeping.
I was onsite for a conference and the banquet staff was pleasant and efficient and always available. The food, for a conference, was way above average, actually delicious. The eggs at breakfast tasted manufactured though, as opposed to real/fresh.
The one complaint I would have is that the $15/night internet fee seems excessive considering the cost of the room and the universal use of wifi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It’s springtime in the nation’s capital and there’s no better place to celebrate the new blooms and warm weather than Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC. Now featuring dramatically refreshed luxury guestrooms, MO is located just steps from the Tidal Basin and is soon to be surrounded by millions of the famous cherry blossoms. Our honored guests also enjoy very short walks to the National Mall, museums of the Smithsonian Institution, Washington Monument and the White House. Business travelers will appreciate swift transfers between Ronald Reagan National Airport, Union Station, U.S. Capitol and House and Senate Office Buildings. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing legendary service, excellent dining, arresting design and immersive spas that rejuvenate body and mind. Our hotel presents you with an experience that is uniquely Washington and always mindful of our oriental heritage. We welcome you to become a fan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental