Everything about the Mandarin Oriental blew us away - the staff, the cleanliness, the spacious rooms, the view, the location, the amazing food.
The location is amazing and it's only a short walk to all of the main attractions. We were at the Washington Monument within minutes and the rest of the National Mall is right there.
The hotel kindly offered to store our bikes in the luggage area without charge so we would not have to call for our car every time we left to go sightseeing which we appreciated greatly. Every single staff member we encountered right down to the housekeepers went out of their way to make sure we were happy and well taken care of. They were always smiling, always accessible and always happy to help.
Bedding is extremely comfortable and we just sank into the pillows. Best nights sleep I've had in a long time. Every single amenity you could possibly imagine was included in the room - an adjustable TV over the bathtub (bathtub separate to the shower), phone in the bathroom, two shower heads offering different options for water pressure, umbrella, emergency flashlight, free internet, fruit bowl on arrival. The hotel understands that the bathroom is just as important as the room itself. One of the most spacious bathrooms I have ever seen, and one of the most beautiful.
We stayed in a Tai Pan Club room with access to the Tai Pan Lounge. Was great value for the complimentary wine, cocktail, and hors d’oeuvres in the evening, European style breakfast each morning, all day snack availability and office work stations which included printers and internet. Also had incredible views of the Washington Monument. The staff in the Tai Pan Lounge were particularly friendly and helpful, and gave us a history of why the Monument is under construction when we asked.
Really impressed with the Mandarin Oriental in DC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When autumn comes and the weather cools down, Washington gets down to business as it becomes more walkable and much livelier. It’s the perfect time to plan a trip with fun outdoor festivals, live concerts, thought-provoking museum exhibits, along with some of the world’s most recognized monuments, and the nation’s most cherished memorials. With newly renovated guest rooms and only hotel featuring views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is at the center of everything. Our guests enjoy short walks to the National Mall, the Smithsonian Institution, and Washington Monument. Soon, guests will be able to stroll over to District Wharf—a brand new development along the waterfront featuring over 20 restaurants, an exciting concert venue called The Anthem, nightclubs with live entertainment, fun shopping, and luxury residences. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing the finest service, dining, design, and spas. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Mandarin Oriental, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental