Visited this property in July. It was the first trip to DC for our kids. Overall impression was great - property is well maintained and staff are friendly and helpful. Location is close to the mall and museums.
We got 2 connecting rooms and they were spacious and roomy. We had a view of the Washington Memorial which was lit up at night. Rooms were well appointed - comfy beds, big bathrooms and flat screen TV's with lots of channels. Only negative were the carpets in our rooms, they were very worn and not in line with how clean and well maintained the rest of the rooms were.
Empress Lounge had great atmosphere, pretty good food/drink selection and good service.
Sou'wester was a disappointment. Food was ok and service was not good. We brought drinks into dinner from the Empress Lounge and the server was irritated by that. She grew increasingly irritated when she asked us multiple times if we wanted more wine/drinks and we did not. She promised our kids coloring books and did not bring them. Her attitude was so bad we wanted dinner to be over asap. We did appreciate that the hotel was aware of our child's food allergies and they brought a few treats especially for her.
My kids adored the panda bears they were given at check-in.
Gym was spacious with lots of cardio machines. The weight machines were ok - good enough for a hotel gym.
The only other negative for this hotel is there isn't free wi-fi for guests - truly a negative for such a prestigious brand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MO is celebrating the grand opening of District Wharf: DC’s hottest new waterfront neighborhood featuring over 20 exciting restaurants, the cool new Anthem concert hall, thrilling nightspots with live music, eclectic shopping, three public piers, and invigorating street life. Its all an easy walk out of our back door and down the street. With our freshly redesigned guest rooms, immersive spa, acclaimed guest service, and expansive views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental is Washington’s internationally sophisticated luxury hotel. We offer privileged access to the globally-minded, design-oriented, enthusiast travelers who are our guests. Whether you stroll to the National Mall and Tidal Basin or never leave the hotel, you’ll get the best of DC and feel a home away from home. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous the world over for providing intuitive service, elevated dining, arresting design, and sensuous wellness. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelPower, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental