I stayed at the Mandarin a couple of months ago for a short work trip and was very impressed.
The service was excellent. I left my computer charger at home and the concierge (I believe her name was Lynn) was kind enough to loan me her personal charger.
The property itself is beautiful. My room had a stunning view of the Potomac and was well furnished The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was incredible. I also had access to the Tai Pan club, and enjoyed a very nice breakfast there.
The only downside is that the location is somewhat removed. Also, the room service lunch I had was mediocre (but quite pricey). I should mention that the ABA rate I got was pretty reasonable, so make sure to check that rate if you are a member.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The cherry blossoms are almost here and no hotel in DC has better views of them than MO. We are just steps away from the Tidal Basin and steps away from District Wharf: DC’s hottest new waterfront neighborhood featuring exciting restaurants, live music venues, thrilling nightspots, eclectic shopping, public piers, and lively street scene. It’s all an easy walk out of our back door and down the street. With our newly renovated guest rooms, immersive spa, legendary guest service, and expansive views of the monuments and water, Mandarin Oriental is DC’s internationally sophisticated luxury hotel. We offer privileged access to the globally-minded, enthusiast travelers who are our guests. Whether you stroll to the National Mall and Tidal Basin or never leave the hotel, you’ll get the best of DC and feel a home away from home. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous the world over for providing intuitive service, elevated dining, arresting design, and restorative wellness. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelPower, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental