I went on a business trip in December to Washington DC. My firm rented out a majority of rooms at the Mandarin. The check in was very nice as was the staff. The room was impeccable with a great big bathtub and separate shower. The bed was comfortable and I appreciated the writing desk and chaise they had in room. You have a great view of the city
The only two issues I had were the restaurants and location. I would've expected a restaurant with perhaps all oriental food but the one that had any oriental food was closed Sunday and Monday. It also had food that was all fluffed up and not regular oriental. The lounge had only 3 or 4 oriental items and the other restaurant has none.
The location was a bit off the beaten path but when you see the view from your window you will forget that part. They have a CVS across the street for any needs you may have (that's a perk).
All in all enjoy your stay at the Mandarin Oriental and take a dip in the tub.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Famous for providing creative dining, intuitive service, gorgeous design and indulgent spas, Mandarin Oriental has created fans all over the world. The Asian heritage of our brand blends with the distinctive culture, art and politics of Washington, D.C. Guests will enjoy an easy walk to the National Mall and museums of the Smithsonian Institution. And the District's best new neighborhoods for dining and entertainment are just minutes away. Within the hotel, Muze offers all-day dining where local ingredients are infused with Asian flavors and traditional cooking techniques in an inspired space overlooking the Washington Marina. The Empress Lounge features intriguing craft cocktails and indoor or outdoor seating overlooking the garden. The comfort of in-room dining is offered 24 hours a day. The Spa at Mandarin Oriental is a destination in itself; the largest hotel spa in Washington. Treatments and journeys are created to energize, relax and promote wellness. This is a reserve of privileged access. Set back from Washington's powerful pace where guests are well cared for. Close enough and connected to one of the world's most powerful and surprising cites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental