This hotel is very nice. The rooms are very nice, the beds super comfortable, and the bathrooms are awesome. We spent one day seeing the memorials, leaving the hotel on foot, and returning 4 hours later. A long walk but very nice on a warm day. There are no stores other than a CVS within a 1/2 mile radius.
Overall, we had a great stay and would return. Staff was very helpful and friendly. The only things which were disappointing are the following (but we admit these are minor):
Swimming Pool - only luke warm.... I expected warmer. No hot tub, which was disappointing.
Fitness Room - asked us to leave because my 11-year-old children were not allowed, even though we were exercising together and using the equipment responsibly.
Room -- no coffee pot, have to order always from room service.
Mini-bar -- no wine, had to always order from room service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When autumn comes and the weather cools down, Washington gets down to business as it becomes more walkable and much livelier. It’s the perfect time to plan a trip with fun outdoor festivals, live concerts, thought-provoking museum exhibits, along with some of the world’s most recognized monuments, and the nation’s most cherished memorials. With newly renovated guest rooms and only hotel featuring views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is at the center of everything. Our guests enjoy short walks to the National Mall, the Smithsonian Institution, and Washington Monument. Soon, guests will be able to stroll over to District Wharf—a brand new development along the waterfront featuring over 20 restaurants, an exciting concert venue called The Anthem, nightclubs with live entertainment, fun shopping, and luxury residences. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing the finest service, dining, design, and spas. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental