Shame on you for charging $50 to park my car. Seriously. I advise guests to use the garage next door for $20.
Otherwise, had a nice anniversary mini-vacation. Alex at the front desk was awesome and gave us a spectacular room vs the original room on the 2nd floor facing the train tracks. We booked through Amex Platinum and enjoyed the benefits. Service was excellent mainly. Pool is one of the nicest in the city but could be kept warmer (it was cold, probably for lap swimmers). Dinner at City Zen was just OK; breakfast at SouWester was great. Drinks in the Empress Bar were perfect - try the Sake-tini which is not on the menu but available.
My one complaint: I didnt sleep that well - mattress was worn in. Felt lumpy and cheap. Perhaps time to replace them. Compared to the Westin, W, Four Seasons mattresses, it was far inferior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Unique in its Southwest D.C. location on the water and in very close walking distance to the National Mall, Jefferson Memorial, Tidal Basin, the Smithsonian Castle and Museums of the Smithsonian Institution. Distinguished with modern design and amenities. Welcoming for families and travelers seeking both the famous attractions and the soul of our world capital of art, power and culture. Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC presents elevated, personal service and attention in harmony with our Asian heritage. Hotel, Spa and dining: Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Mandarin Oriental, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental