Shame on you for charging $50 to park my car. Seriously. I advise guests to use the garage next door for $20.
Otherwise, had a nice anniversary mini-vacation. Alex at the front desk was awesome and gave us a spectacular room vs the original room on the 2nd floor facing the train tracks. We booked through Amex Platinum and enjoyed the benefits. Service was excellent mainly. Pool is one of the nicest in the city but could be kept warmer (it was cold, probably for lap swimmers). Dinner at City Zen was just OK; breakfast at SouWester was great. Drinks in the Empress Bar were perfect - try the Sake-tini which is not on the menu but available.
My one complaint: I didnt sleep that well - mattress was worn in. Felt lumpy and cheap. Perhaps time to replace them. Compared to the Westin, W, Four Seasons mattresses, it was far inferior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MO is celebrating the grand opening of District Wharf: DC’s hottest new waterfront neighborhood featuring over 20 exciting restaurants, the cool new Anthem concert hall, thrilling nightspots with live music, eclectic shopping, three public piers, and invigorating street life. Its all an easy walk out of our back door and down the street. With our freshly redesigned guest rooms, immersive spa, acclaimed guest service, and expansive views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental is Washington’s internationally sophisticated luxury hotel. We offer privileged access to the globally-minded, design-oriented, enthusiast travelers who are our guests. Whether you stroll to the National Mall and Tidal Basin or never leave the hotel, you’ll get the best of DC and feel a home away from home. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous the world over for providing intuitive service, elevated dining, arresting design, and sensuous wellness. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Mandarin Oriental, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental