Shame on you for charging $50 to park my car. Seriously. I advise guests to use the garage next door for $20.
Otherwise, had a nice anniversary mini-vacation. Alex at the front desk was awesome and gave us a spectacular room vs the original room on the 2nd floor facing the train tracks. We booked through Amex Platinum and enjoyed the benefits. Service was excellent mainly. Pool is one of the nicest in the city but could be kept warmer (it was cold, probably for lap swimmers). Dinner at City Zen was just OK; breakfast at SouWester was great. Drinks in the Empress Bar were perfect - try the Sake-tini which is not on the menu but available.
My one complaint: I didnt sleep that well - mattress was worn in. Felt lumpy and cheap. Perhaps time to replace them. Compared to the Westin, W, Four Seasons mattresses, it was far inferior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Summer is when the Nation’s Capital is most welcoming. Visitors can fill their itineraries with fun outdoor festivals, live concerts, thought-provoking museum exhibits, professional sports, along with some of the world’s most recognized monuments and the nation’s most cherished memorials. As Washington’s only hotel featuring views of the monuments and the water, Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC is at the center of everything. Now featuring dramatically refreshed luxury guestrooms, MO is located just steps from the Jefferson Memorial and the beautiful cherry tree-lined Tidal Basin. Our honored guests also enjoy very short walks to the National Mall, museums of the Smithsonian Institution, Washington Monument, and the White House. Business travelers will appreciate swift transfers between Ronald Reagan National Airport, Union Station, U.S. Capitol, and House and Senate Office Buildings. Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group is famous for providing legendary service, excellent dining, arresting design, and immersive spas that rejuvenate body and mind. Our hotel presents you with an experience that is uniquely Washington and always mindful of our oriental heritage. Are you a fan? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mandarin Oriental, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Mandarin Oriental, Washington DC reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mandarin Oriental, Washington d.c. Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Hotel Washington Dc
- Mandarin Oriental Washington Dc
- Mandarin Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Mandarin Oriental