“redeeming factor”
Review of Taft Bridge Inn

Taft Bridge Inn
Ranked #12 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Took my niece to DC to visit colleges, etc. We stayed in a twin room with a shared bathroom. While the beds were terribly uncomfortable, everything else at the B&B redeemed this essential problem. Jennifer is a great host and made delicious breakfasts. Much appreciated were the afternoon freshly-baked goods. Never had a problem with the shared bath. The uphill walk to the B&B was hard to do in the summer swelter of DC but taking a bus or a taxi solves that problem.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank KSL13
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thanks for the kind words, quick note-as everyone likes a bed either hard or soft, and even in between, we can add or take away memory foam for your comfort, just please let us know as we hope you visit with us again!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed at Taft Bridge three nights during a downtown convention, because the convention center hotels were full. I will absolutely stay there again next time. The house is lovely, my room with private bath was very pretty and comfortable (and a third the price of the downtown hotels). Jen, the manager, was very helpful with all sorts of local recommendations, from transportation to a great park for running. The neighborhood was also fun.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I stayed there for 3 days on a business related trip from France, as I’m fed up with “branded” type hotels who all look and feel the same, with impersonal and lukewarm welcome.
Jennifer is a fantastic host, amenities are fine and you can still have your privacy if wish to.
What else can I say ? I’ll be back…

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

It was great having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The Taft Bridge Inn is a lovely mansion built in 1902 and since updated and turned into a bed and breakfast. The furnishings fit with the period of the house. My room was clean and comfortable. Jennifer and Louis answered all of my questions and provided very good recommendations when I asked for them. They went the extra mile in the niceties that make all the difference. The inn is walking distance from more good restaurants than I could sample in a week of lunches and dinners. The breakfast at the Inn was wonderful. I don't get to DC often, but when I do return, I will stay at the Taft Bridge Inn.

Room Tip: I stayed in the bedroom on the first floor. I wondered whether I'd hear people talking in the c...
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed 7/6/13 through 7/11/13 - this is a great place! The manager, Jen, is the perfect combination of first class service and old friend comfort. The house is amazing and well located for anything you are doing in the city. Best advice we received from the staff - catch bus 42 around the corner, it will take you to the metro, save your walking for the fun stuff! Staying here made a wonderful trip fabulous! Don't miss out on the Taft Bridge Inn!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind review and we loved having you stay with us! Please come back soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I stayed at the Taft Bridge Inn and could not be happier. The bedroom was very clean and creatively decorated, the bathroom was extremely clean, too. I loved the breakfasts in the morning (silver dollar pancakes! eggs benedict!) and Jennifer and Lewis were very kind and thoughtful.

The location is perfect, too: a block from the Washington Sports Club - and the Taft Bridge Inn provides guests with a free pass to work out -- and blocks away from a fantastic running trail. There is a great froyo/ice cream shop close by on 18th Street, too!

I ended up canceling reservations at another B&B in DC so that I could return to Taft Bridge Inn. Thank you, Jennifer and Lewis!

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Tacked on a few nights here after attending a conference in D.C., and glad I did. The innkeeper are friendly, knowledgeable about attractions and eateries, and very accommodating about my diet peculiarities (breakfast is included in the price). Rooms are comfortable and available with shared or private baths. The inn is located a few blocks north of Dupont Circle, within easy walking distance of the zoo, the funky Adams Morgan neighborhood, and the Dupont metro station. I highly recommend this inn, and will certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2013