“Friendly and quaint inn with fantasti breakfasts that is conveniently located.”
Review of Taft Bridge Inn

Taft Bridge Inn
Ranked #12 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn to anyone looking for a comfortable and quiet place to stay in the midst of the WA DC hubbub. The staff is friendly and helpful. Offering suggestions and information readily. And Jennifer's breakfasts were delicious and fresh.
I traveled solo for a few fun days in DC and was immediately made comfortable at the Taft. It is located within easy walking distance to Dupont Circle restraunts and Metro as well as to the vibarant Adams Morgan district. Additionally, the Rock Creek Parkway is easily accessible for running and bike paths that offer a nice greenway to the National Mall.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Kelly R
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

It was great having you stay with us, your cheerful attitude was appreciated by all at breakfast! Please do come and visit us again and maybe bring the daughter to the Spy Museum next time!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I love this place! It was years since my last visit, but the owner remembered me and made me feel right at home. The Inn is charming and the rooms are quaint with free wi-fi. Easy walk to Dupont or Adams Morgan. Best bargain in downtown D.C.!

Room Tip: For the budget conscious, consider a room with a shared bath. There's a good chance you'll h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jhkona
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great location; beautiful and clean place where each room has its own unique character; staff were very friendly and helpful. I would strongly reccommend this place to others looking for a place to stay - whether for pleasure or business.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 4, 2013

This quaint and beautifully maintained bed and breakfast is perfect for a short stay in DC. The location is excellent at the top end of Connecticut Avenue. The hostess is personable, convivial and very amenable. I loved the little touches about this place, which make all the difference such as the complementary iced tea provided on arrival and the delicious home cooked breakfast. I couldn't recommend this place more.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

It was great having you and your friend here! If your ever back on this side of the pond we hope you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights to take in the sights of DC. We were glad we found a reasonably priced, comfortable and safe place to stay in a city that can be so expensive during the busy tourist season! The house is very large and has a nice "old charm" feel to it. We found our room with flowers every evening after our expeditions into DC which was very nice. The entire staff was very very friendly during our stay there and we would be happy to come back! Breakfast was made-to-order every morning. Our room started to get kind of warm on the 2nd night there and by the 3rd evening, we arrived to the hotel to find an A/C unit had been installed for us! This is the type of personalized service we really appreciated during our stay. Thank you! You really made our trip to DC lovely!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great rate! Great people! HIGHLY recommend this to anyone. I had a 5-day conference at the Washington Convention Center, and my wife and I were looking for something a little different from the standard hotel stay. The folks at Taft Bridge Inn provided just what we needed. I would take the #42 bus each morning and my wife would take the Metro Red Line to see the sites! This is a great way to experience a good feel for life in DC without paying an arm and a leg to stay in closer. And Jennifer, the manager, was simply phenomenal! The owner, Yoshi, is from Japan and apparently a world traveler. She has decorated the home very tastefully with a great blend of worldwide art.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 19, which is on the top floor, has two twin beds, and shares a bathroom with anoth...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 30, 2013

On a solo trip to see my sister graduate, I was looking for a budget option for a single person. Taft Bridge offers some smaller rooms for under $100 per night. This is unheard of in DC. Breakfast was delicious, and the Inn is beautifully kept up. In addition, the location--in the Dupont Circle neighborhood and an easy walk to the Metro--could not be better. I will definitely return here whenever I need accommodations in DC.

Room Tip: Inquire about whether your room will have A/C. I traveled in spring, so there was no need, and I do...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lucas W
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind review! Quick note, there is a/c in every room, even the smaller business rooms : )