“Great location, value and service.”
Review of Taft Bridge Inn

Taft Bridge Inn
Ranked #12 of 36 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the Cherry Blossom Festival. What we loved about this place was the service. Very friendly staff. No elevator but Jennifer was kind enough to carry our luggage when we checked in. We felt like V.I.P. guests. Daily breakfast were served and they were delicious. We also met some awesome people that gave us tips about the area.
The neighborhood is quiet and safe. It is 10 minutes away from Metro train. Very close to Adams Morgan neighborhood(5 minutes walk) and you can stroll along to Georgetown in 20-30 minutes. You can do a tour walk from this Inn to Georgetown by foot.
The room is fairly small but then again we were only there to sleep. Bed was comfortable.
Don't forget to ask for a discount card, you can save 10% from close by restaurants. I definitely recommend this Inn for comfort and service.

• Stayed: April 2013
There are newer reviews for Taft Bridge Inn

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This B&B is beautiful,well managed and close to DuPont Circle and the restaurants on 18th street. The rooms are gorgeous and very clean.
You can't ask for more. Totally recommended.
I don't have anything else to add.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

A wonderful experience. The room, the bed and bathroom were perfectly kept and the experience and ambiance were all great. The inn is perfectly located a little bit away from the "action" of Dupont Circle so it was quiet but also accessible. Yoshi and Jennifer were both very lovely.

I think I found my new place to stay when I visit DC.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thanks for the kind review and we do hope you come back again-bring your son with you too!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Taft Bridget Inn has been a favorite for my periodic visit to DC, as the hospitality, cleanliness, location, and price are all a good value for the visitor wanting to stay out of hotels. The house has alot of character and history, is in a beautiful neighborhood for walking, and yet not in the heart of the city with alot of noise. Rooms are clean and well furnished, with options for cost-conscious clientele that doesn't mind sharing a bathroom (for which there's virtually never a wait). Highly recommend!

Room Tip: You can ask for your own bathroom or a more convenient room if you're okay with a higher price.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed 3 nights. The location is good, very walkable to Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan. I wouldn't say this qualifies as a good B&B, more like an upscale boarding house. They cater largely to business people and for that it is probably suitable. You won't get the extra perks like specialty soaps or fluffy towels.The rooms are comfortable and clean. The place is an older home, and it shows its age. As for breakfast I couldn't say. I was disappointed that they did not keep brewed coffee going at least for early morning risers, so when I got up in the morning, all that was avaialble was instant... unusual for a B&B, and no tea selection (try the Green...) Staff was helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Teapat
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for staying with us and giving us a try! We are not a boutique bed & breakfast and don't have specialty soaps but we do offer organic soaps and shampoos. Im sorry to hear you weren't shown the second tea box where there are plenty of teas to select from along with the hot water that is always available-and now that its warm we have iced tea too! Breakfast is started at 7:30 to accommodate both vacation travelers and guest coming to Washington on business. While we do consider ourselves above an upscale boarding house in this one hundred and ten year old inn, sometimes you just cant be everything to everyone, but we do succeed in making most people happy as our many reviews contest to!

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I often choose my conference Inn or hotel via on line services. The pictures of TBI are precise, real and the reviews are all good. My experience was no different than what was written. I found the staff with whom I interacted helpful and friendly, the Inn itself rather gorgeous and pretty darned clean for an old once-mansion! I didn't expect to get waited on at breakfast time--that was a plus. I wish I were more of a morning person to have benefited! The heating at night can be intense, but the windows open and the heaters DO turn off; as well, do run the shower water to get hot sink water. The place is Victorian and such realities were by no means inconveniences. The area is safe, my room was SO quiet (I am very sensitive to noise), and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I highly recommend this Inn to travellers seeking one. I had room 17 (two beds with a private w/c).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TaftBridgeInn, General Manager at Taft Bridge Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

We loved having you here! You were a lot of fun to visit with and we hope we get a chance to do it again soon!

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It was great staying at the Taft Bridge Inn. Great B&B with excellent food and pleasant company at an affordable rate (in the perfect location for my trip). I highly recommend it and would stay there again if the opportunity presents itself.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo