$207
$180
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 45% below average rates

The price you found is 45% lower than this hotel's average rate of $326/night.

$107
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $121/night.

$239
$115
Savings alert! 30% below average rates

The price you found is 30% lower than this hotel's average rate of $165/night.

Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$119
Kimpton
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $184/night.

$112
$99
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 42% below average rates

The price you found is 42% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$170
Dupont Circle
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$139
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $163/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$130
$113
Omni Hotels
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$159
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $200/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed November 24, 2007

This more like an update to the last review I wrote about the Taft Bridge Inn.

I had a business trip to make to DC in August, so I checked in the area for price and availability for the time frame I needed. I was pleased to find that the Taft Bridge Inn was below the allowable per diem rates for my travel. Since we had been there twice before, I asked for a particular room..and got it.

My wife and I arrived on a Sunday (we checked out Friday)..the room was ready...everything crispy clean. The greeting was friendly as usual...and painless. And, we had the room that I had requested.

I had to leave early in the morning, so I missed the breakfast, but my wife said that they were quite accomodating..even making special requests as to quantity.....still no meat for you carnivores.

The help was as friendly as I had remembered...I even chatted with the owner for a few minutes one afternoon. I am familar enough with the area that I could even give a couple of the guest some simple directions. I still haven't experienced any of the negative aspects that some other "guests" have.....

The neighborhood is safe, and it's only a short (healthy) walk to the Dupont Circle metro station......plenty restaurants close by, even an organic food store nearby..what more could you want??

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank orphan60
Reviewed April 19, 2007

The Taft Bridge Inn was a perfectly fine place to stay. It was clean on the interior. I had the smallest room in the house - which might leave most people feeling annoyed, but it was just fine by my standards. I wasn't planning to hang out there after all.

The owner was pleasant but not intrusive. Not sure why others have complained about distant staff. They were professional, and not overly personal like some B&Bs. perfect for me.

The location is also very nice. A quiet street but easy walking distance to nightlife (2-3 blocks) in Adams Morgan, Metro and offices in Dupont Circle (4-5 blocks).

Sure the building isn't new and there aren't loads of staff around - but who wants that anyway...

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank pchowla
Reviewed July 29, 2006

Establishment very old, but OK and clean. Room extremely small, but bed comfortable. Breakfast very good, but served by a very unfriendly staff member. Coming back home, all I can remember from my stay is the unpleasant feeling the staff gives you.
They are very polite over the internet, and ask your time of arrival. Although I gave them the details, and arrived before 19:00, I found the place closed and the lady was just coming out, saying: I thought you are not going to come.
Overall: very unpleasant.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank etst
Reviewed June 9, 2006

I don't know what was going on in DC this week, but in looking to make reservations a month beforehand, I discovered there was little availability and rates were much higher than has been the recent norm. Because the Dupont/Kalorama neighborhood is my favorite, I ended up booking a room at the Taft Bridge Inn. Unlike some other reports here, I experienced no problems in making a reservation. The cancellation/change policy is more lenient than at many B&B's, and my request to drop my bag off in the morning before the designated check-in time was graciously agreed to.

My room was on the 2nd floor; it was the twin-bedded room depicted in the Photos section of the Inn's web site. Generously proportioned with a huge walk-in closet (which also housed a rollaway bed), the room had a good-sized & quite clean, modernized bath with walk-in shower (no tub) which had a fine showerhead and pump bottles of nicely scented shampoo, conditioner & body wash; the towels, although not luxurious, were not skimpy. There was ample drawer space, and I liked the airiness afforded by the two tall windows whose mini-slat Venetian blinds allowed light to pass through without exposing a full view of the back alley area which was not picturesque. In addition to the handsome ceiling fan, the air conditioner in my room was relatively new and worked efficiently & quietly. I slept well in the comfortable-enough bed and, unlike some creaky-floored B&B's, I was only very faintly aware of the overhead footsteps of my upstairs neighbhors.

Two reasons why I can't be wildly enthusiastic about the Taft Bridge Inn:
** My room decor was a bit jarringly eclectic for my tastes: the cheap, not-original door to my room was not in keeping with the establishment, and the Victorian walnut dresser clashed imo with the shabby chic table and with the mid-20th century nightstand, the rather funky pierced-brass base "Oriental" bedsde table and the (fruitwood?) headboards upholstered in dark red velvet. And while the large oriental rug, atop a nicely thick pad, was freshly vacuumed, its dingy fringe suggested it had been some time since it had been sent out for a thorough cleaning. The wood windowpanes were dire need of attention as are the Inn's exterior wood trim & shutters and fence. In short, I felt like I was in a "guesthouse" room, albeit one with a phone and (small) cable TV, rather than a B&B room. A price less than the $170/night, high season rate I paid would have been more in line with the accommodations.

** As some other reviewers have commented, I found an oddly "distant" air about the place. Frankly, I hadn't anticipated I would find the atmosphere off-putting since B&B's can feel too intimate to me because some B&B hosts strike me as cloyingly friendly or intrusively "up close & personal." My hunch is that the owner is a single woman who purchased the place with insufficient capital and is trying to make a go of it on somewhat of a shoestring, so she is running the place virtually single-handed and is stretched thin. And she also may be shy/diffident which could come across as aloof or indifferent. Whatever the reasons, I too would have to say, with regret, that I didn't feel like a warmly anticipated, welcome guest. I can't comment on the breakfast scene because the early start time of my morning meeting meant I had to leave the Inn before 7:30 AM when breakfast becomes available.

Finally, I absolutely agree with the TripAdvisors who've taken issue with the neighbhorhood depiction given by the Allcampgrounds review, the llnk to which appears here on TA. It is a gravely gross misrepresentation to describe the area as akin to bombed-out Beirut with neighbors' windows boarded up with plywood & to suggest that one dare not leave your car out on the street. The next-door building -- between the TBI and the stunningly exquiisite Art Deco apartment building at the corner of Conn. Ave.-- is not an upscale residence (it may be a rooming house), but I saw no derelicts hanging out there.

Kalorama/Embassy Row is, in fact, a lovely neighbhorhood within easy walking distance to all that Dupont Circle, Woodley Park and Adams Morgan offer, and I always feel very much at ease by myself there. So for this reason alone (and because my stay at the Inn was certainly not a wretched experience), I think you too can consider booking a room at the Taft Bridge if other accommodations in the area are not available or are outside your price range.

Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
9  Thank CockleCove
A TripAdvisor Member
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed May 9, 2005

I stayed 4 nights at the Taft Bridge Inn recently and thought it was excellent value, especially in that location! I was attending a conference at the Washington Hilton, only a very short walk away, and was extremely pleased I had chosen the Inn for LESS THAN HALF the price of the special conference rate of the hotel! Plus I had a cooked breakfast included! The Inn is in a great part of town, I easily walked around to many wonderful places and felt safe doing so. The 3rd floor room and shared bathrooms were perfectly adequate although a bit worn. And I was very happy with the breakfast which was served promptly in the charming dining rooms. I was nearly put off by some bad online reviews but found in my own experience that they were greatly exaggerated and maybe a little unreasonable. If you aren't paying 5 star prices you can't expect 5 star service and amenities! I found the photos online looked much more like the real thing than I expected. I would be keen to stay at the Inn again if ever I am lucky enough to be going back to DC and will also recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: April 2005, traveled on business