$188
InterContinental
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 39% below average rates

The price you found is 39% lower than this hotel's average rate of $309/night.

$123
$101
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $115/night.

$334
$135
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $188/night.

$119
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $172/night.

$166
$130
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $171/night.

The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$180
$169
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Hotel Palomar Washington DC(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$151
$119
Kimpton
Savings alert! 35% below average rates

The price you found is 35% lower than this hotel's average rate of $182/night.

Omni Shoreham Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$188
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$112
Hyatt.com
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of $196/night.

Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$108
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was having some renovations done on my house and was unable to stay at home during this time. I found the Taft Bridge Inn and its resonable rates and decided to stay there.I couldnt have picked a better place! Jennifer was great, the place was clean, and I was able to stay close to my own neighborhood. I will be having my out of town guests stay there from now on instead of my extra bedroom!

Room Tip: I liked my room on the second floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank marybolton
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I want to start out by saying that if there are any summer interns looking for long-term housing, I strongly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn. They have a special rate for people staying long-term during the summer which makes it a great deal. I stayed at Catholic University the first two weeks of my internship and stayed the final three weeks at the Taft Bridge Inn. The Inn was so much better and I wished I stayed there entire time of my five weeks. I stayed in room #12 which is a room with a private bath but they also have rooms with shared baths that are even less expensive than the room I stayed in.

Jennifer and Lewis were always extremely polite and welcoming. After having a long day on the Hill, I would come into my room and my bed would be made, I would have new towels, and my room would be clean. They have a guest fridge on the third floor that goes by the honor system to pay for the drinks they have in there and you can also put your own stuff in there.

Being in DC in summer means you have to deal with really hot and humid weather. Even though the Inn is in an older building, I was able to keep my room cool and extremely comfortable.

The location was excellent. I can't emphasize that enough. You are in walking distance to the Dupont Circle and Woodly Park Zoo/Adams Morgan metro stations. You are able to walk down to Dupont Circle, Adams Morgan, Woodly Park, and Kalorama and enjoy all the restaurants, bars, and shops they have to offer. Because I was there long-term, having a dry cleaners close by was very important and you are a very short walk from three different ones all in Kalorama. One days where I was running late, I could grab a cab and get all the way to the Capitol for about $15. The ride on the metro to the Capitol was only a little more than $2 each way. Unlike the other interns in my office, all I had to do was walk down to some bars/restaurants while they had to hop on the metro or catch a cab. When we would go out, we would usually go to Dupont or Adams Morgan which was great for me.

Again, if you are doing any kind of internship or need long-term stay, I highly recommend the Taft Bridge Inn over any stay at a university dorm or apartment. I promise that you will have a great stay and a great time if you stay there.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank rlbonifay
Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

The decor of the house is welcoming, but not more than the manager, Jennifer (and her freshly baked oatmeal raisin cookies). The rooms were quaint and clean. The first thing I did when I walked into the room was take a picture of the stained glass windows and fireplace. Warm and welcoming are the words that come to mind.

The breakfast was delicious, and nicely plated by Jennifer. But more than anything else the service was the best. We were given useful, helpful advice about travelling around town, the best trolley to take and the sights to see. We were close to everything we needed. I've been in plenty of hotels, but never have I gotten the personal attention I received at this B&B. Next time I'm in DC this is where I'll be.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank DarleneR06
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Staying here long-term while working in DC over the summer. Summer intern housing at various universities ended before my job did, and Jennifer & The Taft Bridge Inn seemed far and away the best response to my Craigslist posting! Now that I've spent my first week here, I'm sorry I didn't move sooner.

The commute to work/downtown is short (about a half a block away from the 42, and not far from the Red Line either, just between Dupont Circle and Woodley Park/Zoo stops - and about a 30-40 minute walk from Farragut Square). The small distance from downtown is worth it, though - the neighborhood here is great and a nice change of pace. Good restaurants all over the place! Just wander north or south on Connecticut, or up Columbia, or over to 18th.... Also a lovely neighborhood for running.

Jennifer and the staff are also really wonderful and accommodating. Jennifer in particular makes the place feel like home! She's been very good at making my somewhat atypical long-term stay as easy as possible. She even noted what wasn't on my breakfast repertoire. :) And finding my bed made when I get home from work is forever appreciated!

I've included two pictures of my room - the 'second smallest' they've got, and one that makes use of the shared bathrooms rather than having one in-room. It's certainly small, but more than enough space for one person and her work clothes. Excuse the toiletries bin - shampoo, conditioner, and body wash are all provided in the shared bathrooms, but I've got the tub as remnant from my days in college dormitory housing earlier this summer.

The shared bathrooms are really nice, by the way - and there are two, so I've never had an issue with the bathroom being occupied when I need it. Between the two bathrooms and a communal fridge (with pens for labeling), the whole set up is great, short-term or long-term.

Whatever brings you to DC, I'd recommend Taft Bridge Inn!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed alone for over two weeks, and totally enjoyed the stay.
Walking distance to both Adams Morgan and Dupont Circle, locates in very safe area (I walked alone over midnight.)
Room was beautifully maintained and staff is warm and kind.
There is a common area in the first floor, and I enjoyed talking to other guests and having beautiful breakfast there!
If you would stay in D.C., I recommend Taft Bridge Inn!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo