“No tour but no refund!!”
Review of iGuide Tours - CLOSED

iGuide Tours
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: iGuide Tours was founded by a small, yet committed group of experienced Washington D.C. tour professionals who agreed that it was time to build a sightseeing company in our nation's capitol that was worthy of this great American city. iGuide Tours offers three different tours; 3 times a day; 7 days a week. A licensed Washington DC tour guide will hop on and off the bus with the guest at each attraction to explain the history of each location. iGuide Tours also conducts its tours using 2012 Mercedes Sprinters to provide the highest quality possible.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“No tour but no refund!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Booked the monuments by moonlight tour for 2/7/13. Tour company canceled 4:30 day of tour. I was assured they would refund to my credit card. Have called Iguide tours three times and still no refund!! I booked same tour for next night on grayline, it was 15.00 cheaper and Eric our driver was great!! I recommend you choose Grayline, but if you do book with Iguide do not book your last night or you may be out of luck and be prepared for a hassle disputing charges with your credit card company.

Visited February 2013
3 Thank Mkaryn

Sugar Land, Texas
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“They cancelled two hours before tour”
Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Got a call to cancel two hours before tour as we only ones who booked. I don't believe their site said anything about chance of cancellation for low booking #'s. As we were out in DC I didn't have time to go back to hotel to research another option so that ruined a whole evening.

They should state in BOLD that tours subject to cancellation if minimum number doesn't book.

I found another tour for tomorrow night with lower review ratings BUT I'm not sure that low booking numbers for this tour isn't indicative of their quality??

2 Thank JKK123
Columbus, OH
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“great, personal tour; worth a little extra”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My family of four (2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 and 12) took the DC iGuide tour last weekend with Nick. Fabulous. There were only 7 people in our group. Small bus. Pick up/drop off right at the sights. No waiting around for a bus to come. Nick got off at each site and walked and talked with us. And gave us time to explore on our own. His knowledge of history, facts, figures is amazing. And add in some humor to boot! All in all a great tour. Take this one and spend a bit more money for the personalized service and LIVE tour guide! I believe the other, larger tours leave you waiting around for a pickup an have recorded info. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Tour with very professional Staff”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Me and My family ( 5 people) went to DC for New Year and booked a tour with Iguide Tours for the night and loved every minute of it. From being picked up on time to feeling very well treated and comfortable during the all 3 hours of the tour. What made this tour very different was the Guide himself, a young driven Historian named Nick assisted by a very competent driver Aby. Nick was spectacular with the sites, the knowledge of the city and peculiar facts about everything we had an appetite for in questions. Very, extremely kid friendly, very engaging and always keeping the same level of enthusiasm. I would recommend this company to anyone visiting Washington DC and wanting to be personally attended to with the upmost knowledge about such and historic place
Thank you Nick and Aby, my kids still point the tour as being the highlight for our trip

Visited December 2012
1 Thank FT7
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent tour ~ don't miss out!”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

iGuide Tours was a fabulous experience! Tyree was a great driver and Nick was an extremely knowledgeable and personable tour guide. After taking the morning and afternoon tours, we wish we would have had time for the night time tour as well! These tours cost more than others, but it is worth the additional cost: we were dropped off and picked up by the iGuide van at each site (no waiting), Nick accompanied us at each stop and continued to teach us about the monuments and memorials (you're not just "on your own"), we were given opportunity to take pictures (cameras encouraged), and we could ask many questions (personal attention and small group size an advantage). A big thank you to Nick and Tyree for providing us with a wonderful DC tour!

Visited December 2012