“Cozy Atmosphere, Tasty Food, Personal Service”
Review of Siam House

Siam House
Ranked #948 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed February 10, 2013

After years of going to Siam House, it is time to put it in writing: this restaurant is adorable, cozy and intimate, has fresh delicious Thai food and very sweet and attentive owners and servers. There is outdoor dining, but the plastic chairs are not that comfy and the interior is so cute, it seems a waste to not eat inside. Most folks rave about the Pad Thai, but I always get Ka Prow. Ask for brown rice, though a slight upcharge, it is worth it! And they do have a spice tray should you need an extra kick, just ask for it. Their Thai ice coffee is like dessert to me, so I haven't sampled desserts, but the dishes are ample sized and you likely will be long satisfied before dessert time! The owner periodically buys roses and gives them to the female guests - a very sweet touch. It feels like "home". Love it. I've eaten there with groups but often stop in on my way home from work and don't feel weird dining solo there.

There are newer reviews for Siam House

Reviewed July 25, 2012

I visited this place with three colleagues yesterday and the food was ok, the Service was terrible though. We walked in, after a trip from the National Zoo and it took an hour to get our food. The water didn't come to the table for a good 20 minutes. After we were served our food a table that entered the restaurant just before our food came out was receiving their food. It took about 15-20 minutes to receive their food. The experience definitely took a toll on my rating here.

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Siam House opened a few steps from The Cleveland Park Metro Stop a little over a year ago. It only has 28 seats inside. Almost double that when the patio is open. The food is awesome! I've eaten there dozens of times and tried many things and never had a bad dish. The curry puffs are outstanding, The crispy duck kaprow, wonderful. The Red, Yellow and Green curries a delight and so on. And their Mango and sticky rice makes a great end to the meal. Warm friendly service and great prices add to the fun. If you like Thai, you'll love Siam House.