“Excellent tour of Washington!”

Legends Tour Washington DC
Ranked #70 of 157 Tours in Washington DC
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We had only a couple days in the Capitol and I checked on Groupon for a tour or something to do in Washington and found this company offer a tour at 45% discount. We purchased the Groupon, called the company and made arrangement where to be picked up ( we were staying outside the DC area otherwise they would have picked us up at our Washington Hotel) We arrived at pick up point to find out there was only one other couple on the tour with us, our tour guide was great! He said seeing how there were only the four of us, we would get a very personable tour with lots of times to get out and walk around. It was great to be in a 9 passenger bus and NOT a 40-50 passenger bus. We actually felt sorry for all the BIG bus tour passengers, they spent their whole tie climbing o and off the bus and no time to see the attraction. Our guide was SO informative and put me to shame with the history he knows of our great country, he has only lived here 8 years and I have never heard a more proud citizen speak of the US as his passion. I wish I could remember all the history I learned from the 3 , 4 and 5th grade that he knew. He was very clear to understand, very informative, did not rush us at all, had a great sense of humor. I can not recommend this company enough. Skip the big bus tours, you won't see nearly 1/4th of all that we saw and learned about.

1  Thank Susan C
in 8 reviews
"dusk"
"buses"

Reviewed April 25, 2014

My wife and three sons (6, 8 & 13) had a fantastic and entertaining tour with Dr. Yohannes Zeleke for four hours. We wish we could have spent four days with him. We arranged the tour through Groupon and had no problem coordinating with him to get started. The depth and breadth of his knowledge, coupled with his humor and warmth, made the tour unique and remarkable compared to the other tours we took in DC during this trip. I wish that more tour guides had the education and passion of Dr. Zeleke. If you only can take one tour of DC, this should be the one.

3  Thank jrc_lockport
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We purchased the night tour and were so impressed with the knowledge that our guide Yohannes had to share about the city. The monuments at night being light up are breath taking. Yohannes has his PhD in Archaeology and also teaches American History, his narrative on the tour was so thorough and certainly made this a wonderful experience.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I intended to buy a Groupon to go on this tour while in Washington DC in April. I called the merchant to confirm there was availability for a tour the dates we were in WDC. He said with a Groupon I could only make the reservation up to 3 days in advance. I said how/why would I buy the Groupn now for his tour if I was not sure I could use it. He said he was not responsible for Groupon.

1  Thank psl126
See more reviews
Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was a little worried initially when I purchased the Groupon for this tour as I had a little difficulty connecting with the company - but once I reached them we had everything set up for our 4 hour DC tour. Overall, it was a good day. We got to see the main memorials and monuments that we wanted to see and did not have to worry about parking or walking. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and it was an enjoyable time. Worth checking out.

1  Thank LynnS1