“An Archaeologist's Perspective on DC”

Legends Tour Washington DC
Book In Advance
More Info
$425.00*
and up
Washington DC Daytime Private Tour with Hotel...
Ranked #70 of 157 Tours in Washington DC
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We connected with the Jerusalem DC Tour through Abe (Concierge at the Hilton in Washington).

We were very impressed with our guide who had a PhD in Archaeology and a wonderful narrative of the area that brought it to life for a group of Australian tourists.

There would be no way that we could have seen and learned so much in four hours without the tour. It was highly informative and really enjoyable. In my opinion it was far superior than just taking a hop-on bus route.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"dusk"
"buses"

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Four weeks ahead of our trip, I called and spoke to the gentleman and scheduled an all day tour for myself and two 10 year olds. He asked me to call back and confirm the tour, the day before our scheduled tour. When we arrived in DC, the day before our scheduled full day tour, I called and left a message. I received a return call about 20 minutes later letting me know that he couldn't do the all day tour that we had booked and offered a half day tour instead at nearly the same price as the all day tour. I, of course, declined. This, of course, left me scrambling at the last minute, as this tour was the cornerstone of our trip from Alabama. No way, I would recommend this company!!!

6  Thank AdamEasley
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I called to make a reservation. The guy with a thick accent answered the phone. He was extremely rude because I called him at an inconvenience time and he could not do the booking because he's not at his desk. Why in the world would he answer the phone then? He said this, "I am telling you. Listen, e-mail me and I will respond". I asked him if booking by phone is not an option. I said that I did not see on the website where it says e-mail booking only and that booking on the phone is not an option. Do you know what he did? He hung up on me.

If they are this rude and unprofessional on the phone, I cannot imagine how they would treat us when we are actually on the tour.

I don't think they realize that they are in a customer service industry.

There are many other tours, so I suggest you look elsewhere if you want to be treated like a human being.

11  Thank OggieO123
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just this past Monday I went on the Night Tour of DC. Our guide was Yohannes Zeleke and he was amazing! He was so knowledgeable and entertaining. There were 9 of us in tour group and were chauffeured around town via a motor coach. It was a great way to see all the sites in an air-conditioned ride! I highly recommend this tour!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I purchased a groupon for this tour for four people, I started contacting them a week prior. After 2 days my 3 emails got a reply saying the Thursday evening was booked.
I called on the phone to make a reservation and was told there was indeed room on the Thursday evening tour. I gave all my details and when I mentioned we had a prepaid groupon I was told " you should have said that first.. call you back" and click I am hung up on. I call back wondering how they would call me back without my phone number and I was told I had to send an email to get them to make me a reservation/ I called back again and was hung up on. I emailed and got nothing.
If they did not want people to buy groupons for their tours they should not have taken our money. I have since been refunded by groupon and still no reply from retailer.
Bad
real bad

my 2 cents