“Amazing Time”

Book In Advance
More Info
$425.00*
and up
Washington DC Daytime Private Tour with Hotel...
Ranked #69 of 160 Tours in Washington DC
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Just this past Monday I went on the Night Tour of DC. Our guide was Yohannes Zeleke and he was amazing! He was so knowledgeable and entertaining. There were 9 of us in tour group and were chauffeured around town via a motor coach. It was a great way to see all the sites in an air-conditioned ride! I highly recommend this tour!

All reviews
"dusk"
"teacher"
"buses"

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I purchased a groupon for this tour for four people, I started contacting them a week prior. After 2 days my 3 emails got a reply saying the Thursday evening was booked.
I called on the phone to make a reservation and was told there was indeed room on the Thursday evening tour. I gave all my details and when I mentioned we had a prepaid groupon I was told " you should have said that first.. call you back" and click I am hung up on. I call back wondering how they would call me back without my phone number and I was told I had to send an email to get them to make me a reservation/ I called back again and was hung up on. I emailed and got nothing.
If they did not want people to buy groupons for their tours they should not have taken our money. I have since been refunded by groupon and still no reply from retailer.
Bad
real bad

my 2 cents

15  Thank joseph c
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The tour was a perfect overview for our first evening in the Capitol. Our guide was knowledgeable and helpful and even the history aficionados in the group said they learned a few new details. The evening was hot and muggy... we appreciated the air conditioned van as we passed other tour groups in open trolleys. The itinerary was timed well so we got oriented to the city by daylight and visited the lighted monuments by dusk and dark. Four of us... all relatives from different states, return visitors to Washington and world travelers... were positively impressed. I'd recommend this to friends.

1  Thank j j
Reviewed July 20, 2013

That's all that needs to be said to describe this tour and our wonderfully pleasant and most excellent tour guide, Dr. Yohannes Zeleke. The knowledge he has of this country's history, both publicly recognized and discretely concealed, is nothing less than astounding! The time (and money) spent falls into the "one of my best investment ever" category! I was VERY impressed with the fact that Dr. Zeleke believes in the goodness of people so much to the point of not requiring any deposits for his tours. That being said, you do NOT want to miss out on a scheduled tour with him! I have already planned to schedule more tours with him for other out of town guests and some in town friends that have never experienced the depth of culture and history available about our nation and her capitol. Well done Dr. Zeleke and I look forward to experiencing your historical tome! If it is anything like your tour, it will be nothing less than epic! Again, thank you, from our group to you, from the bottom of our hearts and souls.

1  Thank MickDM65
See more reviews
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have a split feeling about leaving a review here.
On one side, it was suppose to be a great deal money-wise (through Groupon) and even though it took us few calls and emails--it was honored.
But, here are few suggestions to the guide:
1. Yes, groupon deals suck for the owners but it was you who signed up for it knowingly.
2. Change your attitude--yes, you know lots of things about history and all, but your attitude towards guests in the van is just horrible. And you wonder why nobody had any questions?
3. The promised 4 hour historic tour became a three hour run around the places with very little said about history.
4. Spend less time on naming and showing every embassy of every country in the world (with your sarcastic unnecessary comments) and more time on something like "Gettysburg Address"..that you haven't even mentioned.
Anyways, if you don't change your approach you will kill what seems to have a great potential.
With all my honesty, I still wish you luck, Yohanness.

11  Thank I_am_travel_junkie