“A great evening tour”

Book In Advance
More Info
$425.00*
and up
Washington DC Daytime Private Tour with Hotel...
Ranked #70 of 157 Tours in Washington DC
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The tour was a perfect overview for our first evening in the Capitol. Our guide was knowledgeable and helpful and even the history aficionados in the group said they learned a few new details. The evening was hot and muggy... we appreciated the air conditioned van as we passed other tour groups in open trolleys. The itinerary was timed well so we got oriented to the city by daylight and visited the lighted monuments by dusk and dark. Four of us... all relatives from different states, return visitors to Washington and world travelers... were positively impressed. I'd recommend this to friends.

1  Thank j j
in 8 reviews
"dusk"
"buses"

Reviewed July 20, 2013

That's all that needs to be said to describe this tour and our wonderfully pleasant and most excellent tour guide, Dr. Yohannes Zeleke. The knowledge he has of this country's history, both publicly recognized and discretely concealed, is nothing less than astounding! The time (and money) spent falls into the "one of my best investment ever" category! I was VERY impressed with the fact that Dr. Zeleke believes in the goodness of people so much to the point of not requiring any deposits for his tours. That being said, you do NOT want to miss out on a scheduled tour with him! I have already planned to schedule more tours with him for other out of town guests and some in town friends that have never experienced the depth of culture and history available about our nation and her capitol. Well done Dr. Zeleke and I look forward to experiencing your historical tome! If it is anything like your tour, it will be nothing less than epic! Again, thank you, from our group to you, from the bottom of our hearts and souls.

1  Thank MickDM65
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have a split feeling about leaving a review here.
On one side, it was suppose to be a great deal money-wise (through Groupon) and even though it took us few calls and emails--it was honored.
But, here are few suggestions to the guide:
1. Yes, groupon deals suck for the owners but it was you who signed up for it knowingly.
2. Change your attitude--yes, you know lots of things about history and all, but your attitude towards guests in the van is just horrible. And you wonder why nobody had any questions?
3. The promised 4 hour historic tour became a three hour run around the places with very little said about history.
4. Spend less time on naming and showing every embassy of every country in the world (with your sarcastic unnecessary comments) and more time on something like "Gettysburg Address"..that you haven't even mentioned.
Anyways, if you don't change your approach you will kill what seems to have a great potential.
With all my honesty, I still wish you luck, Yohanness.

11  Thank I_am_travel_junkie
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I purchased a Groupon deal on April 13, 2013, called "Washington, DC Legend Tours – On Location. Four-Hour Guided City Van Tour for Two or Four (Up to 61% Off)." I paid $49 for a four-hour D.C. Half-Day or D.C. by Night tour for two (a $110 value). Here is the page for the deal: http://www.groupon.com/deals/jerusalem-d-c-tour-and-transportation-1

I called to make a reservation for the Night Tour and was told that he would not take a Groupon for the night tour. He was all set to take my reservation until he heard that I had a Groupon and then he suddenly had no reservations available for me during my stay. He told me that he loses too much money if he takes too many Groupon deals. When I asked him how much more money it would cost me for us to take a tour, he told me that he charges $55 per person.

Just beware that the owner is not honoring Groupon deals as advertised in the sale.

27  Thank kimmerloves_dot_com