Review Highlights
Mt Vernon Tour

The new museum was excellent. I wish we had more time to spend there. It was disappointing not to... read more

Reviewed February 11, 2020
andrearF1312WX
Night tour of monuments

Dr. Yohannes was fabulous! So knowledgeable, friendly and enjoyable! We were the only three on the... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2020

from $45.00
from $61.65
from $91.44
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I have a split feeling about leaving a review here.
On one side, it was suppose to be a great deal money-wise (through Groupon) and even though it took us few calls and emails--it was honored.
But, here are few suggestions to the guide:
1. Yes, groupon deals suck for the owners but it was you who signed up for it knowingly.
2. Change your attitude--yes, you know lots of things about history and all, but your attitude towards guests in the van is just horrible. And you wonder why nobody had any questions?
3. The promised 4 hour historic tour became a three hour run around the places with very little said about history.
4. Spend less time on naming and showing every embassy of every country in the world (with your sarcastic unnecessary comments) and more time on something like "Gettysburg Address"..that you haven't even mentioned.
Anyways, if you don't change your approach you will kill what seems to have a great potential.
With all my honesty, I still wish you luck, Yohanness.

Date of experience: June 2013
11  Thank I_am_travel_junkie
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I purchased a Groupon deal on April 13, 2013, called "Washington, DC Legend Tours – On Location. Four-Hour Guided City Van Tour for Two or Four (Up to 61% Off)." I paid $49 for a four-hour D.C. Half-Day or D.C. by Night tour for two (a $110 value). Here is the page for the deal: http://www.groupon.com/deals/jerusalem-d-c-tour-and-transportation-1

I called to make a reservation for the Night Tour and was told that he would not take a Groupon for the night tour. He was all set to take my reservation until he heard that I had a Groupon and then he suddenly had no reservations available for me during my stay. He told me that he loses too much money if he takes too many Groupon deals. When I asked him how much more money it would cost me for us to take a tour, he told me that he charges $55 per person.

Just beware that the owner is not honoring Groupon deals as advertised in the sale.

Date of experience: July 2013
27  Thank kimmerloves_dot_com
Reviewed June 19, 2013

It was a great tour with our tour guide, a Professor himself, with dept of knowledge, had a great time, we took the day as well as night tour. good tour when you are with family children and elderly people.

1  Thank Vijay K
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I have been living in DC for eight months and have seen most of the highlights.
Yohannes' tour was extremely educational. He seems to know everything there is to know about every building, monument, statue and embassy in the District. His knowledge of American history amazed me. I didn't want the tour to end. I get the feeling I could take a tour with him again and he would have a full days' worth of completely different sights and information to share with me.

2  Thank Kay H
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Yohannes is a great tour guide--he knows everything! There is so much history to this city, so much more than I ever imagined. So many important people to American history were here. And taking the tour gave me a new feel and a new respect for America and the dream this country was laid upon. Add to that the city is really pretty, incredible architecture--and trees and flowers everywhere! You can see that people living here are proud. Yohannes himself is a great tour guide--and a great humor! I loved every ounce of the tour.

2  Thank Lea C