“Excellent night tour”

Legends Tour Washington DC
Ranked #72 of 173 Tours in Washington DC
Reviewed May 5, 2013

The tour was both interesting and extremely informative. The guide (Yohannes) had a tremendous grasp of Washington DC and it's history. It was a revelation to the family and enhanced our enjoyment of Washington DC as a city, even for our Grandchildren. Yohannes picked us up at our hotel and gave us a private tour for our family of 11 people.

Date of experience: March 2013
"stops"
in 8 reviews
"teacher"

Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an educational twilight tour of all the highlights of DC. Our guide was full of relevant and excellent US history. A great experience for those of all ages. Delightful.

2  Thank aehlaw
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I learned so much I didn't know that I didn't know about D.C. The history is fascinating from the smallest trivia, such as why D.C. residential neighborhoods have adjacent buildings with totally differing architecture and colors, to the grandiose, as in how we came to build a National Cathedral welcoming all religions. I won't ever see D.C. the same after this tour.

2  Thank Jesse M
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yohannes is a phenomenal tour guide who answered all of our questions patiently and knew a tremendous amount about the history of DC and even the international institutions in it. He is like a vessel of fascinating DC trivia! He is also, personally, an incredibly kind, warm and honest individual. I would highly encourage you to take his tour. It will make you look at DC through an entirely new and educated set of eyes.

2  Thank Bari B
See more reviews
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I took this tour with my wife and a portion of our extended family - ten of us in all - on 24 Apr 2013. I should mention that this is my 10th tour of DC, so I speak with a humble portion of experience.

With the exception of one other gentleman (Hi to Dennis!), we monopolized the tour van. (Which meant the normal default to quiet "sit and listen" social behaviour was abandoned in favor of more raucus natural-to-us behaviour. The odds against him, Dr. Yohannes Zeleke (!) nonetheless captured everyone's attention and held it for the entire four hour odyssey.

Dr. Zeleke's conversational and oration skills have this magic ability to allow the listener to soak up what he says and not feel overwhelmed by it at all. He is Extremely knowledgeable and thorough, while at once approachable and warm. I also want to point out that it seems Dr. Zeleke has some sort of magical way to circumvent the big crowds, to drive as close as possible to the hot spots, and to do so while maintaining a very cozy, meandering pace that somehow kept my wife's hair-trigger motion sickness as a memory from a bygone era.

I hate hyperbole, so when I say "this is the best possible tour of DC, no matter what, and there can be no better guide for it than the amazing Dr. Zeleke," I mean exactly that. You would be foolish to read these words and then choose any other tour operator.

3  Thank Andrew W