“Fantastic tour”

Book In Advance
More Info
$425.00*
and up
Washington DC Daytime Private Tour with Hotel...
Ranked #71 of 161 Tours in Washington DC
Reviewed April 29, 2013

What an educational twilight tour of all the highlights of DC. Our guide was full of relevant and excellent US history. A great experience for those of all ages. Delightful.

2  Thank aehlaw
"dusk"
"teacher"
"buses"

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I learned so much I didn't know that I didn't know about D.C. The history is fascinating from the smallest trivia, such as why D.C. residential neighborhoods have adjacent buildings with totally differing architecture and colors, to the grandiose, as in how we came to build a National Cathedral welcoming all religions. I won't ever see D.C. the same after this tour.

2  Thank Jesse M
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Yohannes is a phenomenal tour guide who answered all of our questions patiently and knew a tremendous amount about the history of DC and even the international institutions in it. He is like a vessel of fascinating DC trivia! He is also, personally, an incredibly kind, warm and honest individual. I would highly encourage you to take his tour. It will make you look at DC through an entirely new and educated set of eyes.

2  Thank Bari B
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I took this tour with my wife and a portion of our extended family - ten of us in all - on 24 Apr 2013. I should mention that this is my 10th tour of DC, so I speak with a humble portion of experience.

With the exception of one other gentleman (Hi to Dennis!), we monopolized the tour van. (Which meant the normal default to quiet "sit and listen" social behaviour was abandoned in favor of more raucus natural-to-us behaviour. The odds against him, Dr. Yohannes Zeleke (!) nonetheless captured everyone's attention and held it for the entire four hour odyssey.

Dr. Zeleke's conversational and oration skills have this magic ability to allow the listener to soak up what he says and not feel overwhelmed by it at all. He is Extremely knowledgeable and thorough, while at once approachable and warm. I also want to point out that it seems Dr. Zeleke has some sort of magical way to circumvent the big crowds, to drive as close as possible to the hot spots, and to do so while maintaining a very cozy, meandering pace that somehow kept my wife's hair-trigger motion sickness as a memory from a bygone era.

I hate hyperbole, so when I say "this is the best possible tour of DC, no matter what, and there can be no better guide for it than the amazing Dr. Zeleke," I mean exactly that. You would be foolish to read these words and then choose any other tour operator.

3  Thank Andrew W
See more reviews
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were lucky to book a tour of the city "after dark." Yohannes was a delightful and engaging guide, full of stories, interesting history and fun facts about the city. The pace was very comfortable and he encouraged questions (as any professor would)! He was not simply reciting the facts, but doing it in an engaging manner that was filled with fascinating stories. I highly recommend Jerusalem DC Tours to anyone who wants to experience an out-of-the-ordinary sightseeing trip.

2  Thank OverTheFLRainbow