Review Highlights
Mt Vernon Tour

The new museum was excellent. I wish we had more time to spend there. It was disappointing not to... read more

Reviewed February 11, 2020
andrearF1312WX
Night tour of monuments

Dr. Yohannes was fabulous! So knowledgeable, friendly and enjoyable! We were the only three on the... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2020

from $45.00
from $61.65
from $91.44
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I took this tour with my wife and a portion of our extended family - ten of us in all - on 24 Apr 2013. I should mention that this is my 10th tour of DC, so I speak with a humble portion of experience.

With the exception of one other gentleman (Hi to Dennis!), we monopolized the tour van. (Which meant the normal default to quiet "sit and listen" social behaviour was abandoned in favor of more raucus natural-to-us behaviour. The odds against him, Dr. Yohannes Zeleke (!) nonetheless captured everyone's attention and held it for the entire four hour odyssey.

Dr. Zeleke's conversational and oration skills have this magic ability to allow the listener to soak up what he says and not feel overwhelmed by it at all. He is Extremely knowledgeable and thorough, while at once approachable and warm. I also want to point out that it seems Dr. Zeleke has some sort of magical way to circumvent the big crowds, to drive as close as possible to the hot spots, and to do so while maintaining a very cozy, meandering pace that somehow kept my wife's hair-trigger motion sickness as a memory from a bygone era.

I hate hyperbole, so when I say "this is the best possible tour of DC, no matter what, and there can be no better guide for it than the amazing Dr. Zeleke," I mean exactly that. You would be foolish to read these words and then choose any other tour operator.

Date of experience: April 2013
3  Thank Andrew W
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were lucky to book a tour of the city "after dark." Yohannes was a delightful and engaging guide, full of stories, interesting history and fun facts about the city. The pace was very comfortable and he encouraged questions (as any professor would)! He was not simply reciting the facts, but doing it in an engaging manner that was filled with fascinating stories. I highly recommend Jerusalem DC Tours to anyone who wants to experience an out-of-the-ordinary sightseeing trip.

Date of experience: March 2013
2  Thank OverTheFLRainbow
Reviewed March 14, 2013

There we were -- 10 of us from WA State -- all prepared to pay $70/person for a "night light tour of DC." Then Abe, the concierge @ the WA Hilton, suggested Yohannes with Jerusalem DC Tours -- for 35% less. Abe spoke very highly of Yohannes and enthusiastically suggested we would have a great time and nearly guaranteed we'd get more for our money.
We met about this decision for about three minutes ... from that moment to the end, 3+ hours later, Yohannes kept us engaged w/interesting stories and little know facts of the sites. We had a truly enjoyable time and I highly recommend Yohannes and Jerusalem DC Tours!

Date of experience: March 2013
2  Thank JeffreyG77
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My mother, husband, and I were honored to get to tour with Yohannes. His expertise in DC and US history was fascinating. I kept wanting to interrupt to ask questions that his facts brought up in my mind; although I didn't want to miss out on any of his informative tour. I have to say it was his kindness, charm, and lovely Ethiopian accent that really elevated the day! By the end, he felt like family and I was disappointed that we would be without him for the remainder of our trip. The tour was so affordable and since no one else had scheduled that day, it became a private tour. Also, it was wonderful to be dropped at all the sites (I had been a little worried about how well my mother would get around). Some we just drove up to. At some, Yohannes parked and walked with us to discuss what we were seeing, which was extremely valuable. And at some, he would drop us as closely as possible, give us plenty of time, and then pick us up on the opposite side, which was extremely convenient. Can't thank him enough for the perfect day.

2  Thank OldRoyalGirl
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Maddy was our tour guide for the DC After Dark tour, he was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and fun. Thanks!

Date of experience: November 2012