Review Highlights
Mt Vernon Tour

The new museum was excellent. I wish we had more time to spend there. It was disappointing not to... read more

Reviewed February 11, 2020
andrearF1312WX
Night tour of monuments

Dr. Yohannes was fabulous! So knowledgeable, friendly and enjoyable! We were the only three on the... read more

Reviewed March 8, 2020

from $45.00
from $61.65
from $91.44
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

My mother, husband, and I were honored to get to tour with Yohannes. His expertise in DC and US history was fascinating. I kept wanting to interrupt to ask questions that his facts brought up in my mind; although I didn't want to miss out on any of his informative tour. I have to say it was his kindness, charm, and lovely Ethiopian accent that really elevated the day! By the end, he felt like family and I was disappointed that we would be without him for the remainder of our trip. The tour was so affordable and since no one else had scheduled that day, it became a private tour. Also, it was wonderful to be dropped at all the sites (I had been a little worried about how well my mother would get around). Some we just drove up to. At some, Yohannes parked and walked with us to discuss what we were seeing, which was extremely valuable. And at some, he would drop us as closely as possible, give us plenty of time, and then pick us up on the opposite side, which was extremely convenient. Can't thank him enough for the perfect day.

2  Thank OldRoyalGirl
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Maddy was our tour guide for the DC After Dark tour, he was EXTREMELY knowledgeable and fun. Thanks!

Date of experience: November 2012
2  Thank TriciaC824
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We live in DC, but my husband's parents were in town for the weekend and we thought it would be nice to go on an organized tour. We scheduled a morning half-day city tour with Jerusalem DC Tours, and it greatly exceeded our expectations. It is a small operation, so it took a little longer to book than one of the big tours, but it was well worth the extra few minutes on the phone. Yohannes Zeleke's knowledge of the city and historical context of all its monuments and major buildings made him an excellent guide. We saw many of the embassies, monuments, Georgetown, Arlington, and Chinatown all in 4 hours, which is practically impossible with any other tour. We also had a many opportunities to get out of the van and take pictures. My husband’s parents had a great time, and my husband and I learned a lot of new things about the city even after taking another tour recently. I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone looking to learn more about the history of the sites. We would certainly book with him again next time we have family in town.

5  Thank Kristin T
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My sister in law and I were fortunate enough to take a 4 hour tour of DC with Yohannes Zeleke this past Monday. We saw everything we wanted to see, spending quality time at our favorite memorials. Johannes also took us to Georgetown, and he showed us lots of foreign embassies as well as historical homes. We really enjoyed all the historical facts that he shared with us about each site. We both would recommend Jerusalem DC Tour to everyone.

2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our family of four (two teens) were just in DC for a week over fall break. This first thing we did was this tour. It was a great way to start our vacation as we had four hours of getting to see all the monuments (truly fabulous to see them at night). We were please that he allowed time at each site for us to get out and enjoy them for any where from 10-20 mins each.
From this we were about to decide which ones we wanted to go back and see again during the day! Beleive me they look way better in the evening with the lighting and the reflection of the Washington Monument in the reflecting pool was just spectular as there was no wind and the water was so still. Mr Zeleke was super friendly and made the tour fun for everyone.
Because the tour was in a van he was able to manouver through the back streets of Georgetown (something that would not have been possible to do in a large bus tour!)
We had a Groupon special - well worth the deal.
(Good to know: Half way through the tour he stops at a monument that has very nice rest room facilities)

3  Thank BestLifeAdventure