Book In Advance
Tours from Legends Tour Washington DC tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Legends Tour Washington DC
from $50.00
from $75.00
from $425.00
More Info
All reviews national cathedral the air force memorial hotel pickup american history white house embassy row viator sites stops teacher
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We live in DC, but my husband's parents were in town for the weekend and we thought it would be nice to go on an organized tour. We scheduled a morning half-day city tour with Jerusalem DC Tours, and it greatly exceeded our expectations. It is a small operation, so it took a little longer to book than one of the big tours, but it was well worth the extra few minutes on the phone. Yohannes Zeleke's knowledge of the city and historical context of all its monuments and major buildings made him an excellent guide. We saw many of the embassies, monuments, Georgetown, Arlington, and Chinatown all in 4 hours, which is practically impossible with any other tour. We also had a many opportunities to get out of the van and take pictures. My husband’s parents had a great time, and my husband and I learned a lot of new things about the city even after taking another tour recently. I would definitely recommend this tour for anyone looking to learn more about the history of the sites. We would certainly book with him again next time we have family in town.

5  Thank Kristin T
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My sister in law and I were fortunate enough to take a 4 hour tour of DC with Yohannes Zeleke this past Monday. We saw everything we wanted to see, spending quality time at our favorite memorials. Johannes also took us to Georgetown, and he showed us lots of foreign embassies as well as historical homes. We really enjoyed all the historical facts that he shared with us about each site. We both would recommend Jerusalem DC Tour to everyone.

2  Thank Kathleen C
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Our family of four (two teens) were just in DC for a week over fall break. This first thing we did was this tour. It was a great way to start our vacation as we had four hours of getting to see all the monuments (truly fabulous to see them at night). We were please that he allowed time at each site for us to get out and enjoy them for any where from 10-20 mins each.
From this we were about to decide which ones we wanted to go back and see again during the day! Beleive me they look way better in the evening with the lighting and the reflection of the Washington Monument in the reflecting pool was just spectular as there was no wind and the water was so still. Mr Zeleke was super friendly and made the tour fun for everyone.
Because the tour was in a van he was able to manouver through the back streets of Georgetown (something that would not have been possible to do in a large bus tour!)
We had a Groupon special - well worth the deal.
(Good to know: Half way through the tour he stops at a monument that has very nice rest room facilities)

3  Thank KiwiTania
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I were extremely lucky to have scheduled a tour with Yohannes Zeleke. I am the type of person that likes to find the gems that are a little 'off the beaten path'. Dr. Zeleke's tour was outstanding with his tremendous knowledge and stories to go along with the amazing sights. He made Washington DC come alive! My only regret is we didn't spend days with him instead of hours.

1  Thank Michael C
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just retorurned home from D.C. Highlight was our tour of the monuments with Mr Zeleke. He is an expert on all the small details of American history . The 4 hours flew by quickly. Even without a Groupon for $49 for two this was a great deal!