“Stuffy and full of suits.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 176 Nightlife in Washington DC
Chattanooga, Tennessee
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Stuffy and full of suits.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed at this hotel. My daughter and I have a tradition of going into the lounge, she gets a shirley temple while I sip a glass of wine. I asked if it was appropriate for her to be in The Round Robin when we checked in. We were told absolutely, no problem, just sit at a table instead of the bar. Sounded good. We went down and it was ALL stuffy Washington suits and we were treated very coldly by the bartenders. They acted like it killed them to ask what we wanted and then God forbid we want a refill.
On the pro-side, it is a scotch bar, my husband LOVED their scotch. Fantastic selection. I just wish the front desk would have said, your daughter may be more comfortable in our restaurant.

Visited January 2013

Yorkshire
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Busy but great cocktails”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Had a drink here a couple of times it's always busy, cocktails are great and so is the bar food, can recommend the Appletini and Spinach and Artichoke dip

Visited September 2012
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Its pricey but its a beautiful bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

Dropping $40 plus tip for two Mint Julips, a coke, and a Shirley Temple was hard to swallow but the bar is beautiful. Get ready to spend a lot for the view....

1 Thank TheHopefulTraveler
Denver, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“party time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

I was staying at the Willard Intercontinal Hotel and spent every evening in this historic bar. And the bartender Jim knows tons of fun stuff about DC and the people and history.

Visited July 2012
Miami Springs, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Had the best afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

I was hot and tired from sightseeing and recalled The Willard was a landmark so I wanted to see the lobby. We decided to have a drink and it was a great surprise. The bar is clubby, sort of Mad Man era. The bartender was Jim and his service was spectacular. I had a martini and just enjoyed the vibe of the place. I wish I had planned this and wanted to go back but sometimes it is great to be surprised. I later saw Jim on YouTube making their signature cocktail. If you are in DC definitely have a drink at this bar!