“Historical location inside The Willard Hotel”
Review of Round Robin Bar

Round Robin Bar
Ranked #11 of 180 Nightlife in Washington DC
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Drinks were a bit pricey, but it was fun to take a break in the hotel where Dr. King wrote his famous "I Have a Dream" speech. Tons of history here!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Lovely decor but a bit price $13 for a G&T!!!!!!!!!!!! Small food menu.........

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Amazing corn crab chowder and beet salad! So good, we came to eat two nights in a row. The Willard hotel lobby where we entered was elegant and stately. Really gorgeous experience,

Reviewed January 16, 2011

Avoid. I came to D.C. for my anniversary and intended on visiting the bar for the Scotch selection. We first tried at 2:00pm on Sat., and were told by a rude bartender that the bar wouldn't open until 4:00pm. So, after a nice dinner at the Bombay Club, we came back at about 9:00pm...

The location (to the left when you enter the bar area) where I was told the Scotch bar was, was closed. So, I asked an employee if I had the right location. He didn't know anything about "a scotch bar." I asked another bartender who told me it didn't exist! I then went to the front desk and they called the concierge and then escorted me back to the bar. After talking to a bartender in the Round Robin, we were again told that it didn't exist! Then they agreed to serve us scotch of the menu.

I ordered a 1/4 oz. of Blue Label and 1 oz. of The Macallan. They brought me Blue Label King George V, which meant the 1/4 oz. price cost me $20. I didn't mind considering I wanted to try something new, but at that price you would think you might get service. Wrong. They sat us at the bar in front of dirty dishes, which they never cleared and brought me my check after my order. Then as I was talking to one of the waiters, the bartendress (my word) interrupted us midsentance to complain about people wanting to order scotch. INSANE. No apology either. The waiter never even turned back to talk to me.

So there is another couple behind us talking about coming to the bar for scotch too... so I hand them the scotch menu that the bartender tried to hide from me. You would have think I lit the bar on fire. The female and male bartenders immediately went around to the other side of the bar to complain about it. Then the waiter told the couple they couldn't order from that menu.... apparently, they were doing me a favor.

So, not only is this place closed at 9pm on a Sat. night, everyone, except the man at the front desk was rude to us (and I might add that my wife and I were dressed nicely, jacket, etc.) on both visits. We left pretty shocked and will certainly never recommend the place. I'm not certain how this place is a recommended institute in D.C. Outside of the selection, which was quite expansive, I was shocked at the horrible attitudes and service. It is apparent that management doesn't read these posts. If I had of, I would have avoided the place.

3  Thank JackThompso