“Great little speakeasy for a quality cocktail” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 176 Nightlife in Washington DC
Chicago, Illinois
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great little speakeasy for a quality cocktail”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Place is a cool relaxed lounge feel with excellent cocktails. Our party got started on the Georgentonians and some scotch. Nice evening out. Great staff

Visited March 2013

“I'm mixed on this one...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

What I loved: quality of drinks, the caricatures on the wall, and the booths.

What I hated: poor bartenders, expensive, a lot of big parties.

It's in a hotel so my expectations were a little off. I thought it was nice but way too expensive, even for my taste. I would have probably overlooked most of the hated items, but none of the staff spoke fluent English and the bartender was the only person for a full bar. They were also quite rude...

Redding, Connecticut, USA
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Great spot for drinks and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Location is fantastic at the excellent Hay Adams Hotel, within a stone's throw of the White House. Great vibe, fun drinks and very good bar menu for light food. The place is usually packed, the crowd is young and professional, and there is a good vibe. Staff are friendly and attentive, and prices are not over the top.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great place for drinks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

In the basement of the Hay Adams hotel is a great little place where you can have a great meal and drinks. This restaurant experience was truely the best of our trip to Washington DC. This is a place that is not touristy and has a local 'hidden gem' atmosphere that only the locals know about.

I got a martini and my boyfriend got a margarita. The margarita was served in a tiny highball glass and packed a punch. Sweet and sour- perfectly balanced. My martini was the perfect standard for other margaritas. The drinks were served with fresh seasoned chips and olives.

Our server was very attentive, but not overbearing. He ensured out every need was taken care of and that we enjoyed our meal. The atmosphere of the Off the Record was one where professionals come for a happy hour. There are comfortable plush red booths and a large historic fireplace.

We got the sliders and a Mediterranean plate. I forget the exact name of each entree. The portions were ample and each item was prepared with a very high quality. The quality of the service, atmosphere and the food was literally mind blowing. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ring0rosie
Virginia
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Great place at the Hay Adams for drinks and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Very good bar and also very good lunch. This is probably a place only known to insiders. If you are in DC try this place. You will get very good service, a very good meal (salad portions are good and entrees are more on the european sized side), and still be around the WH and mall area. Away from big crowds but within walking distance of all key locations.

Visited July 2012