“Met our needs to a T”

Melrose Georgetown Hotel
Ranked #38 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My wife and I just spent 5 nights at the Melrose. It was an excellent choice. The staff without exception was attentive, helpful and friendly. The room was very spacious and was furnished beautifully. The bed and pillows were so comfortable we wanted to take them home with us. The room was incredibly quiet, we could've sworn we were the only ones staying there. My only complaint about the room was there were no towel racks.

The location was great, just a very short walk to the Metro station, close to Trader Joe's and CVS, as well as a small but interesting choice of restaurants, Our favorite meal this trip was just 4 blocks down the street, at Founding Farmers.

I had originally rejected this hotel as a possibility because we didn't want to stay in Georgetown, we wanted a location that was more central with access to the Metro. Turns out that despite its name, it's not in Georgetown, although Georgetown's an easy walk, maybe 5 blocks to M Street.

Room Tip: We were assigned a room on the back of the building that overlooked an alley and the back of another...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Thank you getar0und, for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. The recent and bold renovation of Melrose Georgetown Hotel extends spacious guest bedrooms and a colorful, art-deco inspired space, reflecting the vibrant and historic Georgetown neighborhood. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our convenient location in the heart of the Nation's Capital and we hope you join us again on your next travels so you can experience our signature farm-to-fork restaurant, Jardenea.

Jale Hashimi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,297)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Read some mixed reviews about the Melrose, but in our experience it was excellent. Location couldnt be better, 5 mins from Foggy bottom metro, 15 min walk to the White House and 10 mins to the middle of Georgetown which is great for shopping and restaurants in the evening. The hotel itself is probably geared more towards the business traveller than tourists, but the rooms are a good size, and the service was great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

ElginBarnster, thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We too love our convenient location, only miles away from our favorite national landmarks and shopping destinations! Our recently reinvented space extends spacious guest bedrooms and art-deco inspired decor, sure to make for a comfortable stay. We look forward to seeing you again, ElginBarnster, on your next travels.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

I travel a lot, usually on big brand hotels and I can tell you that the service that me and my family received at the Melrose is one of the best I have had, they do deliver fast and with the best attitude. My daughter ask by phone where was the ice machine and 5 minutes after the call, the ice was delivered in my room. I requested an extra towel and they delivered it also in less than 5 mins, that is something I appreciate.
The food is good and the staff is willing to help you at any moment.
The location is great as it is near from the Metro as well as Georgetown. We had a great experience

Room Tip: I was at second floor and it was nice
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you Louis Andres H, for sharing your experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We strive to provide optimal service to make Melrose Georgetown Hotel feel like home. We are so glad we could make your family's stay a memorable one, and hope to see you all again on your next visit to the capital.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Great location near Foggy Bottom Metro Station, just 5-minute walk, quite close to some good restaurants. My husband and I stayed here for three days for the cherry blossom festival. The room is large and clean. The front desk was extremely nice and helpful in terms of the check-in and check-out process, city information and transportation. They also recommended some extremely nice pot to the cherry blossom, which was helpful to our tour planning. I would say each hotel staff was very professional. Next time, I would also stay here!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Thank you, Yiying W, for sharing your experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Melrose Georgetown Hotel, recently reinvented with spacious guest bedrooms and artfully designed interiors, strives to provide optimal, convenient guest service to make your stay positively memorable. We are happy to hear we could help you enjoy your visit to the capital, and look forward to seeing you on your next travels.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

The staff at the Melrose was excellent from the doorman to the dining room staff. One person who needs to be singled out is Mia McDaniel. Not only was she delightful and greeted us by name every time we entered the hotel, but a smile was always present Mia took care of everything for us. Restaurant recommendations were outstanding, directions concise and attitude superb. Mia is the Concierge without a title. ( Can't that be corrected? She really needs her own desk!)

This Hotel may be overlooked my many butt its location to Georgetown and public transport is great. You made our stay a total success!

Room Tip: Rooms appear to be newly renovated!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Deborah A, thank you for your review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are delighted to hear that we made your stay in the Nation's Capital a success. We too love our convenient location in the heart of the Georgetown neighborhood within walking distance of our favorite landmarks and local events. We hope to see you on your next visit to D.C., where you can get the chance to try our signature farm-to-fork restaurant Jardenea.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was my second stay at the Melrose. I was a little hesitant after my first stay, but my second visit confirmed that this is a very good hotel. The Melrose is well-situated near Georgetown, West End restaurants and the Metro. Rooms are large, quiet and comfortable. My only issue was plugs for charging things. there were plenty of plugs - just not close to flat surfaces other than the floor. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. Since I know DC pretty well, I didn't need much help. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
MelroseGeorgetown_GM, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Bropaul, thank you for giving us another chance to impress you at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We love our convenient location in the heart of the Georgetown neighborhood and are glad to hear you enjoyed the bustling city. Recently reinvented, Melrose Georgetown Hotel boasts spacious guest bedrooms, perfect for a relaxing getaway. We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to DC.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

My wife and I spent a seven day vacation at the Melrose. I understand it had been remodeled recently and everything was very clean and modern. The restaurant was pricey. The hotel was about a block and a half form the metro. Several restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. All of staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you, Joe P, for sharing your experience at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. Our recently reinvented hotel features spacious guest bedrooms and art-deco inspired interioirs, all within walking distance of our famous national landmarks. We hope you will come visit us again so that you can try our farm-to-fork restaurant, Jardenea.