“Good But...”

Melrose Georgetown Hotel
Ranked #36 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Everything about the room to the service was pretty good. There were few electrical outlets in the room as all the lamps were taking up the space. I had to iron some dress shirts and I could not locate an electrical outlet near where the ironing board was located. So i had to move it into the bedroom and remove the plug connecting to the lamp in order to plug in the iron. Also in most hotels, there is one master switch to turn on the main lighting in the room. That is not the case here. The only way to turn on light in the bedroom is turning on the lamps all individually.

All of these little things, I could deal with. Not too bad.

I was extremely disappointed when I was turned away by the hotel because they could not take my car to park overnight. I called a month in advance asking about the parking, the rates, etc. When I got there I was told they were overfilled and I would have to go park at some other hotel's parking garage. (Westin) This wasn't too far but it was an extreme inconvenience for me and my girlfriend. Also given the snow storm and cold weather, this was not ideal. I should not have to go out of my way given that I am a guest of the hotel. I have always believed that if you are in the business to serve people, you should do what it takes to make them happy. Maybe the hotel could have helped me but I was literally begging the doorman for a spot and he said he could not. (But he did help me find that other place to park)

Overall, the hotel was nice, room was nice, elevators were a bit small, but the one thing that got to me was the parking of my own car. Extremely disappointed especially when I had planned out to park with the hotel a month in advance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
parker33, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you Chris P for your feedback of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. My sincerest apologies for the valet parking inconvenience. The lot we have access to is rarely over-filled, so this it normally not an issue, but nonetheless, not acceptable for what you planned for your stay. I hope you and your girlfriend had a nice visit to D.C. otherwise. When your travels bring you back to D.C., I hope you will stay with us so that we may make the valet situation up to you. As well, we are happy to show you additional outlets in the guest room during your next visit so you can plug in the iron or other items easily.

There are newer reviews for Melrose Georgetown Hotel

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Excellent. The rooms are large (even by American standards), although perhaps there could be an effort with the furnishing, which is a bit sparse. For example, a coffee table would be welcome.
Service is excellent, and not at all chummy, as in so many other American hotels.
Good bar, and pleasant restaurant, with a reasonable range of food. The wine list deserves a special appreciation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
parker33, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear French_US_13, thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback about your recent stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your accommodations and the culinary offerings of our signature Jardenea restaurant. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Melrose Georgetown again soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Beautiful rooms and decor. Staff were friendly. Very clean and comfortable, and most importantly very quiet. A nice hotel for business travel given its location and amenities. Would certainly consider staying there again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you, dalgalpal, for your comments about your recent stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We hope you will choose to stay with us again when your travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Georgetown location is excellent-----within walking distance of the Kennedy Center. Clean, nice room with a very comfortable bed, good quality bed linens and towels. Easy access to the Metro and other forms of public transportation. Would definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind words, PinkFlamingo300. We are thrilled that you enjoyed both our proximity to so much of what our nation's capital has to offer, as well as our hotel amenities. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Arrived on a Sunday afternoon expecting a small room, but was surprised to find I was in a very spacious room with a separate little 'office' area and a small changing room with wardrobe. The room itself was very large with a seating area.
There is very little space at the front of the hotel, so valet parking is a must, they were ready for me and the handover of the car was straight forward as was having the car waiting for me when it was needed the next morning.
Very short walk to the main attractions, the mall, the Whitehouse and George town itself.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear weechancer, we are glad to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations during your stay with us. We hope you will choose to stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel again when your travels bring you back to Washington, DC.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I love the location--Foggy Bottom and Georgetown! Easy access to the Metro and the Circulator Route by bus. Union Station for $1.00! And for me ... Loved having a Catholic Church next door. It is the Church that JFK attended as President--pew marked where he sat. It was perfect since I was there on the 50th Anniversary of his death.

The lobby is inviting both in decor and spirit with comfortable seating, tvs, and lemon-water available. The staff was attentive, delightful, and very helpful. It is a relatively small hotel, which I prefer over the large chains.

The room was perfect. The dressing/vanity space had two full closets and large vanity area to dress--spacious enough to accommodate the iron board! The shower and deep tub and toilet were located at the far end of the space--separated by its own door. Included was a luscious bathrobe that I actually wore and enjoyed after a deep soaking in the tub!

I chose a king bed. The bedroom was large and nicely appointed. It had a small refrigerator hidden in the cabinets that was perfect since Trader Joe's is around the corner. The coffee set up with also hidden and had a nice slide out drawer and its own plug that made it easy and aesthetically pleasing. I enjoyed the comfortable chair with great lighting as I worked. And for all those road warriors--the plugs are sensibly located on the sides of the bed stands which made charging all the devices a breeze! And to add to this list--a basic internet for free!

Bottom line--this is my new favorite DC hotel. I did get it at an amazing price ($89) making this first visit an easy one--but I would easily return. It has great value, location, and a very smart and welcoming spirit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Thank you, ssjmcd, for taking the time to write such a glowing five-star review of Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We could not be happier that you enjoyed your stay with us and are glad that you were able to take comfort in the amenities that we offer. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Really nice large room . Comfortable bed , bedding and towels all new. It feels like it has recently had a full refurb. Brilliant location for both Washington and Georgetown. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
parker33, General Manager at Melrose Georgetown Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Dear Lazyfox: We are very glad that you enjoyed your accommodations and hotel location during your stay at Melrose Georgetown Hotel. We hope you were easily able to enjoy so much of what Washington, DC has to offer, and hope you will stay with us again when your travels bring you back to our area again.