“Bangers and mash! YuM!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St NW
Description: This resturant/bar opened its doors in January of 2012
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Being a Brit I had to order the Bangers and mash. 3 Bangers (large sausage) $11 or so were on top of a ok portion of mash but they were delish, we ordered a whiskey and a Guinness to drink. The afternoon bar tender (misty) was very friendly and helpful. It was a cold day, only 6 people in there so we enjoyed it. Would have enjoyed it more if there was a lunch happy hour :-)

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

our Review Is Entirely Based On Being In Town for A Surprise Birthday Party. Downstairs Was SLAMMED packed But upstairs Was Fantastic! The 50 Or So Of Us Had Plenty Of Room, Decent Food And Plenty Of Help From The Bartenders. I Would Likely Go Back if I We're In The Dupont Area, But Only Upstairs. Downstairs Was A Bit Too Much Like A fraternity For My Taste.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have to admit, I was part of a group that had basically reserved the main floor and basement and also spilled out onto the front patio to hold the ~200 of us for our get together. The heavy hors d'oeuvres that were provided for us by the bar were very tasty, filling, and ample. The alcohol prices were very high, double the standards for a draw of premium beer from where I live for bar prices ($8 for a pint draw of Guinness, really?) and even higher for a shot of the call whiskeys, but I guess in line for D.C. from what I've been told. Great atmosphere in a very charming and architecturally intriguing building, the gas fire pit on the patio made for a comfortable mid-February evening get together outside.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Arrived at 4pm. Great service. Good selection of Dogfish Ales. The sliced bread munches are awesome!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went here with friends - we love seeking out Irish pubs when we travel and this one is a gem. In a historic building only a short walk from Dupont Circle. We liked it so much we visited twice in a week. Enormous selection of whiskeys, plus we had other drinks plus snacks.
The decor is rustic and on several levels. Due to the historic building there is no disabled access or a lift. On a warm day you can sit outside, or if its chilly there are sofas and an open fire.
Warm welcome from both John and Trevor.
If you like quirky pubs when in Ireland or England, I think you'll like this.