“Lots of Character!”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St NW
Description: This resturant/bar opened its doors in January of 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I have to admit, I was part of a group that had basically reserved the main floor and basement and also spilled out onto the front patio to hold the ~200 of us for our get together. The heavy hors d'oeuvres that were provided for us by the bar were very tasty, filling, and ample. The alcohol prices were very high, double the standards for a draw of premium beer from where I live for bar prices ($8 for a pint draw of Guinness, really?) and even higher for a shot of the call whiskeys, but I guess in line for D.C. from what I've been told. Great atmosphere in a very charming and architecturally intriguing building, the gas fire pit on the patio made for a comfortable mid-February evening get together outside.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Arrived at 4pm. Great service. Good selection of Dogfish Ales. The sliced bread munches are awesome!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went here with friends - we love seeking out Irish pubs when we travel and this one is a gem. In a historic building only a short walk from Dupont Circle. We liked it so much we visited twice in a week. Enormous selection of whiskeys, plus we had other drinks plus snacks.
The decor is rustic and on several levels. Due to the historic building there is no disabled access or a lift. On a warm day you can sit outside, or if its chilly there are sofas and an open fire.
Warm welcome from both John and Trevor.
If you like quirky pubs when in Ireland or England, I think you'll like this.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Basic pub food and drinks - ok if you like whiskey. Management was obnoxious. Better food and drinks are available in numerous places nearby and if you want drunk students then go to Rumors.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

A new pub has opened in DC's downtown on 19th near M St. Very charming interior, great front patio seating for lunch. Menu selection of sandwiches is very tempting, I had the open-faced French dip. It was delicious, portion size just right, and nicely priced. My friend and I were both tempted by the twice-dipped French fries --- they were just like I make at home. Food was hearty and a bit salty, but very good. When you want to treat yourself, this is a great place. Interior ambiance was charming -- a big jar of pickles at the end of the bar. Front patio seating is small, but good people-watching for the downtown lunch foot traffic. Service was quick and efficient. This may become a regular lunchtime haunt for me.