Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
RitzCarlton.com$505
Booking.com$505
Hotels.com$505
Travelocity$505
Traveluro$523
Tripadvisor$505
All reviews four seasons location is great lobby area georgetown rc suite concierge block valet neighborhood drawers
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I stayed at the ritz carlton in march for a couple of nights. The service that i recieved from the staff there is the best that ive ever recieved from any place that ive ever been to in my life. they went above and beyond at every possible opportunity to help me as much as they possibly could. it really did make you feel incredibly welcome and waned. i wish i could remember the names of all the staff members that i delt with so that i could mention them all. I will describe one particular person, and im sure that they will know that it is them if they read this, this person was a very tall white, fair haired man who was probably in his late thirtys to early fourtys who was the recpetionist on the night shift on a thursday night in mid march. i wish i could remember what the other staff members looked like so that i could describe them as well.

Date of stay: March 2010
1  Thank thecount12
Reviewed October 31, 2010

I was very excited about my last minute trip to Washington and that the conference I was attending had a "special rate" ($498/night) at the Ritz Georgetown. I usually love a Ritz Carlton, but I didn't think this measured up, sad to say. One major exception however, was the staff, who were possibly among the nicest and most professional I have ever encountered, especially the front desk person who check me in and saw me to my room, then said good bye to me by name - impressive. Also, I had to walk from the main building to my annex building to get to my room. The night I was there the staff was offering to make S'mores over an open fire they started as a nice gesture to clients. They were so cute and seemingly excited about the S'mores...very different and made an impression.

I just think I didn't like the rooms that much. They seemed less opulent than a usual Ritz, less refined, too simple. (but the Bulgari toiletries were nice). They were nice, and clean, but just a little spare for my taste. I would also complain about the lack of free wireless in the open areas - what is that about at $500/night?! Quite slow service in the lobby bar too and a glass of basic merlot will set you back $16 - but it is the Ritz. But above Manhattan prices for drinks in a recession seems greedy. I suppose I'd give it another try, but it's obvious I found this an uneven experience. Step up the glamour, Ritz Georgetown! (or lower the prices :-)

The Georgetown Ritz is in a great location - a stone's throw from beautiful Georgetown and right near the C&O Canal.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I had a very compressed schedule and only spent one evening here but would definitely return. The location is fantastic. Hotel is on the canal and is unusual for a Ritz property (which I liked). It has a slightly subterranean feel and you will be hoofing it to your room somewhat but I liked it for privacy. Room was a bonus. Not sure if I was upgraded but I had a large two-room suite with 2 bathrooms. Bed was incredibly comfortable, room service, concierge, and reception very efficient. Wish I'd had a chance to try out the restaurant/bar/lobby area but I was rushed. Gym was okay but really should have had more equipment - my arms were begging for it. I rarely pay much attention to bath products but the Bulgari assortment was pretty, pretty fab. I used to live in the area - my favorite little spot and the best cupcakes you will ever have are at Baked & Wired just a short walk out the front door. Don't miss it!

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank kartwoman
Reviewed October 26, 2010

At the last minute we decided to take a trip to Washington, D.C. A friend recommended the Ritz. The hotel is in a great location on the Georgetown water front. So, if you want to stay in Georgetown for the shopping and restaurants its a great location. We did walk to the White House and mall, but took cabs back to the hotel. If you are not daily walker, it is a bit far. There was no metro stop nearby.

The staff was extremely helpful and attentive!

The bar at the hotel had good appetizers and drinks. Room service was quick and the food was delicious. The fruit was very fresh and savory. At the recommendation of a hotel staff person, we ate Neyla's (a mediterranean restaurant) one evening, but I do not recommend it. Poor service! There were more bus boys than waiters. The food was OKAY.

We loved the suite! Clean and all amenities thought out (i.e. a lint brush was available).
We had an issue with the TV and the mail door locking. Someone arrived within 5 minutes of us informing staff.

We enjoyed our stay! We would stay here again.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The hotel is in a nice area. We had a view of the canal and the church. For the most part we had good service. Strangely, continental breakfast is served in the lobby which extremely uncomfortable, small tables, strange chairs. We had good concierge service, however, at least twice early in the morning when asked for directions and restaraunts we were told they had no idea. Our waiter bringing coffee heard us talkly about it and got us a map and explained where the places would be.

Cell phones don't work in the tunnel to the elevators. We had only two trash cans in our suite. None in the main bathroom. Given the setting it was mostly worth the money.

Date of stay: August 2010