The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Georgetown Suites(Washington DC)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
The Georgetown Inn(Washington DC)
  • Bar/Lounge
The River Inn(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
Melrose Georgetown Hotel(Washington DC)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsm streetindustrial buildingfour seasonspotomac riverboutique feellobby loungeliving roomcorner suiteboutique hotelupgraded to a suitehotel is beautifullocation is greatfitness centerupon checkgeorgetownfireplacerc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2007

Stayed two nights at the hotel for a conference. This is definitely a pricey experience, but as all costs were included, this was the hotel of choice. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable, the beds had down comforters. The bathroom was to die for - marble tile, separate tub and glass shower, very chic and elegant.

The staff of the hotel were wonderful and friendly, and accomodated every request.

The only complaint would be the construction noise from the health club, but as I was at a conference all day, the annoyance was minimal.

Stayed: April 2007
3  Thank suz
Reviewed April 28, 2007

Here's what an AMEX Platinum card and $700/night gets you in Washington DC these days: a sleek, well-appointed but almost tiny "premier" room at or near the top of RC standards; some breathing room on the $21/person continental breakfast; and a one-of-a-kind relaxed atmosphere missing from larger corporate properties thorughout the District. If you're ok with the cost, you might want to upgrade to a junior suite, just so you can put the W-style claustrophobia out of your mind. But now you're at 800/night, with parking and room tax, well over a grand. There comes a point of diminishing returns on your hard earned dollars, Platinum amenities or no.

That whining was what cost this hotel a fifth star in my view. Otherwise, it's the place to stay in DC, displacing the Four Seasons down the road.

If you've ever tried to drive on or near M Street, you know what hostile territory it is behind the wheel. Getting to RC G'town means only crossing M at the 31st St. light and heading over the picturesque canal to South Street. Turn right and the quiet you hear, a couple of hundred yards from M, feels like you've been admitted to a secluded enclave.

At 86 rooms, the hotel is not burdened with a check-in or check-out rush hour. Staff were unfailingly friendly, indulgent of my niece and nephew in tow for a few hours. Check-in is dignified at a desk, adjacent to an elegant, understated lobby of chairs and a fireplace, where cocktails and light repast are served.

There's a lounge scene across the hall, or upstairs you'll find a relaxed restaurant, Farenheit, where staff are attentive, friendly, and concerned. Food was as good as we've had in the District.

The renovated incinerator building does make for an unusual layout, but nothing caused a panic. You simply have to walk outside for about ten steps to gain entrance to the hotel rooms. But be careful: this "smoke-free" hotel is not. Those 10 steps were a gauntlet to run through the wave of smoke from hotel guests puffing away, who wanted my clothes to smell like theirs.

Those rooms are quiet and clean, albeit cramped. I did not visit the spa or gym, but if neither are capacious, it's no doubt part of the charm of this larger than life boutique.

I saw reviews challenging the professionalism of staff, and I must disagree. I'm happy to report that this was perhaps the most consistent RC group I've encountered, perhaps a credit to the GM (as opposed to, say, RC Cleveland, which should be closed down as a public service.) From Yayo at the door to the Aussie who checked me in, to the United flight attendant working the restaurant as a second job, these were folks who took care of you. I had no problems with housekeeping (RC bathrooms are more tricked out than the bedrooms), room service, or bellmen: quite the contrary.

Now I have to go to work to save a few extra bucks to upgrade to a suite. But it'll be worth it.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jackfurlongesq_123
Reviewed April 10, 2007

My husband and 3-year son stayed here one night on Easter Sunday. We
usually do not stay at this kind of high-end hotel, the Marriott chain being our usual choice, but we decided to splurge on this because of the great reviews and relatively good rate compared to other Ritz hotels in North America.

It was well worth the expense as we received excellent service and had a very comfortable stay. I enjoyed it because I simply adore Georgetown. The location of the hotel is within a short walking distance from shopping, a lovely park, and of course, amazing restaurants.

I saw other hotels around (Latham, Four Seasons) and they just didn't
seem to have the charm or good location that this Ritz had.

The only complaint I had was the lack of extras that we are usually used to at the Marriott like extra toilet paper and Kleenex boxes and in-room coffee/tea. We ran out of Kleenex and asked them to bring a box. We never got it. I had to call again the next morning.

We had room service lunch and it was awesome. The kid menu items are big enough for adults and delicious. When the food came into our room
presented in the typical Ritz way on the rolling table all 3 of us felt like royalty.

Otherwise how can one complain when the following luxuries made my stay more unique: boutique hotel atmosphere, gorgeous and oversized marble bathroom with separate water closet, ultra luxe bed and linens, and other nice touches like Ritz bottled water and scrumptuous bath robes.

A great experience!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank puilam
Reviewed April 5, 2007

I had a very nice stay at the Ritz Georgetown for a good price (just under $300 before all of the taxes, parking fee etc). The staff was very courteous, from the valet, to the front desk, to the bartender.

First impression upon walking into the hotel was - very modern. When checking in, the guest sits down at a desk. The hotel is a bit choppy. I stayed in the east wing, and you must go outside and down steps to get to the wing. Room was nice, average size. Bathroom had very nice excessaries. The linenes on the bed were awesome. The hotel offers a service to polish your shoes for free. The breakfeast deliverred to the room was ok.

Overall, this Ritz does not compare to the other Ritz hotels I had stayed at in FL, i.e. Naples and Miami. It was, however, a very nice stay. I would stay here again for the same price.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank OrlandoBizman
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I just returned from a long weekend stay at the Ritz. My daughter was doing a campus tour and we wanted to stay somewhere near Georgetown University. From the moment we reserved our room to our check-out, the hotel was stupendous. The room was clean and spacious and the staff couldln't have been more accomodating. The only issue we had was the cell phone coverage from our room. Because of the brick walls we had no cell reception in our room. That was a minor inconvenience in what was an otherwise terrific weekend. I highly recommend it. As an aside, we called for a taxi to take us to the airport for our departure and instead of calling us a cab, they had an employee take us to the airport in their hotel car...free of charge. Not usual in my book.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Vicki000