The Ritz-Carlton Georgetown, Washington, D.C.
Ranked #49 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
Trappe, Maryland
“impressive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am fortunate to stay in great hotels all over the world but the Ritz Carlton Georgetown was really impressive. I arrived with a colleague late and the check in was quick and friendly despite the fact my reservation was not in the system. The hotel is beautiful, the lobby is warm relaxing and the staff are exceptionally helpful. My room was in the west wing on the first floor and when I walked in it smelled fresh and inviting. The layout of the room was perfect with a nice workspace and lots of floor space. The bathroom was large and had a bathtub and shower, great soaps and towels. But, the bed is what made the room exceptional. Granted I was tired but I did not want to get out of the bed in the morning, the duvet and sheets were incredible. The next morning we received excellent advice for lunch, The Peacock Cafe, which was exceptional. When we got back the valet had my car out front in five minutes and helped load my bags with a smile on his face. I cant wait to go back to this hotel, this time it will be for a relaxing weekend.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Eglzfn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have been staying off-and-on at this property for the past five years. It has always been awesome: comfortable and luxurious.

Let me just say, though, this stay (Apr. 2013) was the best of them all. The staff and service are incredibly polished, the lobby is looking better than ever, and housekeeping's attention to detail is the best I've ever seen at a Ritz property.

Maybe the extra competition from the newly-opened Capella around the corner has amped up the improvements, but what ever is happening, please keep it up!

Ritz Georgetown remains my favorite hotel in DC.

• Stayed April 2013
NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at the Ritz during our college tour. I booked a night here for its location and proximity to universities in the area. I was pleasantly surprised how "homey" the property was. There is a welcoming fireplace as soon as you walk in with its lounge area. And you are welcomed instantly by staff who move fast through the check in process and walk you to your room for personal tour. I've been to several Ritz properties before, and while the accommodations were great, I was never this impressed by service as this Georgetown Ritz. It seemed like everyone was genuinely happy to be working there and determined to see that every guest has an enjoyable stay. And I definitely did.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Imagine disappointment with a Ritz-Carlton! We had to refuse the first room because the desk was dirty and nicked, the upholstery was worn, the carpet had permanent stains. It was our 5th day of travel, and we were looking forward to luxury at the Ritz. Our second room had a single king instead of the 2 queens we wanted, but at least it was clean. The entry foyer is lovely, with a fire at one end and comfortable seating areas scattered around. However, it turns out the foyer was recently renovated when the rooms are due for a renovation later in the year. PLEASE wait until the renovation is done!

The front desk manager apologized for the dirtiness and oldness of the room, but that was it. Nothing to make up for the fact we were 1) displaced; 2) had to share a bed instead of each having our own; 3) waiting for a new room; 4) carting ourselves all around the maze of rooms; 5) being unpleasantly surprised by the dirt in the first room. Really? Isn't the Ritz known for its customer service?

Also, we reserved and paid for the special "Cherry Blossom" package, but we did not receive our Cherry Blossom certificate on check-in which plants a tree on our behalf nor receive our special Cherry Blossom dessert during our stay. I know these sound like trivial issues, but this is the Ritz for goodness sakes!! When you pay a premium for luxury and exclusivity, you should receive it.

Please go somewhere else until this Ritz-Carlton works on its customer service and physical plant.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ritz Georgetown with our 5 yr old son over a long Easter weekend and had a wonderful experience. The room (suite) was spacious and well appointed, had a large, very nice bathroom, plenty of storage, comfortable bed, nice views, etc. The lobby was cozy with a fireplace. The restaurant/bar area was also nice. The hotel has a modern yet comfortable feel to it. The workout room is small but you are just steps away from miles of biking/running trails along the potomac river and that's a much better way to exercise. We only had breakfast at the hotel and it was fine. You have plenty of nice restaurants within easy walking distance from the hotel in Georgetown.

The hotel staff was exceptional and made our stay that much more enjoyable. I wish I could remember all of the staff's names because they all deserve being mentioned. Raul is one who makes you feel like a special guest. He is genuine, friendly and has a wonderful personality. Whether you want good restaurant recommendations, suggestions for things to see in DC or just small talk, he's top notch. They put on an Easter Egg Hunt and had a staff member (Peter) dress up as the Easter Bunny for guests with small children and did a fantastic job of pulling it off. All of the staff make this hotel the best experience!

Thank you Raul and the others for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Intimate, boutique feel at this fabulous Ritz property. Location could not be better in the middle of Georgetown with a short cab ride to all of the D.C. attractions. Loved the atmosphere of the lobby after a full day of touring the city. Was the perfect spot to enjoy a relaxing night cap with the family without the distraction of dozens of other guests.

• Stayed February 2013
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is a unique hotel in a great location. It used to be a factory or a warehouse that the architects turned into a hotel. It's in the heart of Georgetown with a wide array of restaurants and shops within walking distance. Great for swanky pre-dinner cocktails in the bar and lobby. We did not try the restaurant for dinner but our rate included breakfast and it was fine. Truthfully, the dinner menu didn't look all that interesting. We had a nice view of the adjacent church from our room and they had a nice coffee service in the lobby in the morning. Given the opportunity, we would stay there again In a heartbeat. The only reason I give this place a 4 instead of a 5 is because they lack the destination restaurant that most other RCs have.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple