“New Yet Familiar”
Review of ShopHouse - CLOSED

ShopHouse
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed October 10, 2013

If you like Chipotle and are feeling a bit adventurous, you'll likely love Shophouse. Familiar ingredients (Rice, corn, chicken and green beans) are mixed with spices to bring out great flavors.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Since it is a Chipotle concept, I went to Shophouse expecting natural, healthy ingredients and good flavor with a somewhat healthy version of southeast asian food. I was impressed with the flavor and more than satisfied. Its great having a healthier Asian food option without having to sit down for 1 hour or more. I hope they open one in North Scottsdale, AZ asap!

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I was walking by and it looked interesting so I stopped in and was reluctant at first then the guy gave me some samples and talked me into it.

It's a twist on Asian bowls which are fast food and have a bit of a spice to it

I liked it. I liked the price even more!!!! A good value, good food. I could had another bowl ;)

Take a chance and stop by, if you are in area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This "pick as you go" restaurant offers choices across five categories: Bowl, Sauce, Veggie, Garnish, Topping. I chose grilled chicken satay (mmm, delish), spice red curry and green curry (took a little of both), eggplant and Thai basil as my veggie, and green papaya slaw and crushed peanuts as my garnish and topping. I made an unbelievably light and tasty lunch!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Pros: price is decent, flavors were good.
Cons: PORTION size is not great. really why give those big bowls if you're going to not fill them up?!

I read about this place in the news a while back which I had high hopes for. As a NYer who has access to some of the cheapest and best SE asian food I was hoping for something similar to the Chipotle experience.

I stopped by this place on a whim on a rainy day. I got the Bowl option with white rice, chicken, corn, and green curry, and the papaya salad side.

The green curry was delicious. Well made, flavorful, right amount of spiciness. The chicken was okay nothing to rave about. Papaya salad side was ok nothing bad but nothing great.

Like I said I set my hopes to high. This is the only location I guess it's a test. Unfortunately, I don't know how successful this would be in NY. If it ever came here, I wouldn't bother going.

So sad cause this place and food has potential. If anyone that owns shophouse is reading this....you really need to give a bit more to the portion size!!! Being that you guys started Chipotle and the portions there are always on spot leaving me stuffed this Shophouse left me yearning for a bit more...a bit more food.

If you're going there hungry you might leave hungry.