“Asian version of Chipolte.”
Review of ShopHouse

ShopHouse
Ranked #1,028 of 3,340 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Similar warehouse-type atmosphere as Chipotle Mexican, you move along a line selecting rice or noodles, meat or tofu, vegetables and mix-ins/spices/seasonings. The staff was pleasant and helpful, offering suggestions and explaining when necessary. I had the beef my spouse the meatballs and we both liked the meatballs best. Tender and flavorful, the spices had heat without being oppressive. Hope ShopHouse comes to our city!

1  Thank Jayhawk17

Reviewed October 14, 2012

This restaurant came highly recommended by the staff at the Embassy Row hotel, and once I had lunch here I thanked them for an excellent recommendation. As a loyal Chipotle fan, I felt like I had just entered my favorite Chopotle down the street, only I was greeted by different aromas. The format is the same as you go down the line selecting what type of noodles or rice, meat, veggies and spices you would like combined in a bowel. There are plenty of healthy and naturally raised options, although you don't feel like you are making any sacrifices when you taste the meal. I will definitely be back next time I'm in DC!

1  Thank Gregadvisor
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great healthy fast food. The boys (and gals) behind the counter are fast and friendly, the whole place has an enviro friendly vibe, and the clientele is mixed and varied. I ended up sharing a table with 4 other strangers and we had a great chat over our meals.

This is southeast asian southern american comfort food fusion - and it works! The chicken satay and the meatballs are super tasty. But they have their curries around the wrong way - green is mild spicy and red is fire alarm hot. Still, they warn you!

Try the organic ginger ale with pomegranate, it really works with the delicious fusion.

2  Thank Alexandra W
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Chipolte like set up - but with Asian fusion food, including yummy Thai curries, papaya salad. Very fresh, very delicious, reasonably priced.

2  Thank B557
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Fast food with an Asian Twist. You should like HOT (I mean really spicy!) food. I liked the sauces, very flavorful. I recommend the tofu or chicken--the beef is too fatty. You can choose your toppings for a bowl and sauces. For under $11 its not bad, but other nearby places have better Asian food. If you want something fast and less expensive, its not bad, but not my first choice. The assembly line thing with choices is the only thing it has in common with Chipotle. The beat music can be a bit loud but I liked it.

2  Thank kydhr