“Good food and service”

Lillies Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Lillies Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #414 of 3,216 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cathedral Ave Nw
Transit: Walking directions to 2915 Connecticut Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20008. Head northwest on Connecticut Ave NW toward Woodley Rd NW Destination will be on the right
Description: Lillies offers a Italian- Mediterranean menu, with a dash of Modern Cuisine. All the dishes are prepared from fresh ingredients which arrive in the kitchen on a daily basis. The menu changes according to the time of day and offers lunch and a more elaborate dinner, based on the concept of dishes of various sizes. Join us for Lunch, Dinner or Brunch. Lillies is a family owned and operated restaurant located in the Woodley Park neighborhood of Washington,DC. Whether you're in the mood for a healthy treat or a more traditional meal you'll see it was worth stopping by. Our Chefs prepare each meal from scratch and use only the finest ingredients. In addition we offer multi-grain and gluten free options for a majority of the items on our menu.
Maryland
“Good food and service”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was my first visit to this restaurant, and it was for lunch. There were just a few other diners when we arrived, and we were seated promptly. No bread was brought to the table. Since I didn't ask, I don't know whether this was an oversight or restaurant policy. However, none of the other tables appeared to have any bread. The lobster ravioli was in a creamy sauce and was good. I've had lobster ravioli at a number of restaurants, but this was the first time it was served with shrimp on top. I liked it and would order this dish again. My husband had the chicken Caesar sandwich and really enjoyed it. We plan to return.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank BuffyMaryland

nyc
“Charming surprise! Gluten Free items, too.”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Lillie's is a small but charming restaurant just steps from the Woodley Park metro station. The menu is continental. This was our second visit to Lillie's and we were not disappointed. The service was attentive and friendly. The food was fresh tasting and thoughtfully prepared. One reason we chose Lillie's was because they offered gluten free dining options. This was important to us because our daughter is gluten allergic. Salad portions are generous (I really enjoyed the greek salad!). Best of all, the prices are reasonable.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank genyit
Herndon, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice friendly cafe”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Dined at Lillies Cafe and Lounge on Friday night. Arrived later than our 8:30 reservation, but greeting warmly at the door. Menu is large and varied and prices reasonable. After much ado between myself and date over who would order what (we hate to get two of the some dishes) we finally ordered drinks, salad and dinner. Bar is small be complete. We chose to share the quinoa salad not really knowing what to expect. Well expect delicious! Light, fresh, different and large enough to share. I said to date "This is one of the best items we've had at dinner in a long time." Quninoa, fresh mozarella cubes, cubed tomotoes, clinatro, mixed greens, fresh lemon and olive oil. WOW - Spectacular! Dinners included the chicken schnitzel- lighly fried chicken breast topped with two over-easy eggs. Chicken was moist and tasty, but the eggs were almost hard cooked. A runny yoke would have made the dish so much better. Make sure to ask for your eggs over easy. Date enjoyed a seafood special - mixed shrimp, calamari and scallops over linguini in pesto sauce. Sauce was a little bland and overall the dish was okay. Warm and crusty bread slices accompanied dinner with olive oil. So the star of the evening was the quinoa salad, but we will definitly return another night for dinner or try their Saturday/Sunday brunch in the near future.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Susan V
Kansas City
“Worth the walk”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This restaurant is about 3 blocks North of the Wardman Marriott. The waitress had a hard time remembering to bring lemon for my water (-1) initially. The food was presented well, and the prices were solid. The lemon rice soup and stuffed mushrooms were a nice light lunch option, totallying near 17 dollars, with tip and tax at 20.00. Certainly, more than you would want to pay for lunch, but normal for DC prices. Everyone at our table enjoyed the food very much and thought it was prepared very well.

The signage to the restaurant could be bigger, and certainly if you are driving, parking could be an issue.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mac_Maximum
Washington, DC
“Cozy and Intimate”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

LiLLie's has fresh food, welcoming decor, cozy atmosphere and a personal touch. The owners are from the neighborhood and welcome guests they have known for years or even moments, and make them feel at home. The mediterranean-inspired cuisine is tasty and portions are just right. It has become a Sunday brunch spot for the neighborhood, although many Zoo go-ers stop for a bite after over-Zooing! I head over there when I am too lazy to cook dinner (i.e. often) or brings visiting guests for brunch (like last weekend). They have lots of versions of Eggs Benedict. I had a classic version for brunch with a Bellini (peach juice and champagne I think) and of course I got the home fries not the healthy fruit option! I go there often and every indoor table always has a candle and fresh flowers, which adds a lovely personal touch. The patio tables look nice, but I have yet to dine outside, as the interior is so beautiful It is a treasured neighborhood spot where I can dress up or arrive in my jeans, dine with friends or stop for a glass of wine at the bar.

• Visited December 2012