“Very high Quality dinner”
Review of Mintwood Place

Mintwood Place
Ranked #190 of 3,341 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

From start to finish, this was a great meal. They have a great bourbon and beer selection, but this part of the experience was a bit overpriced. $25 for a 2 ounce pour of 10 Year Old Rip Van Winkle is gouging if I have ever seen it. I settled on the Founders Breakfast stout on tap, which was excellent. We had an appetizer of Shishito peppers, and they were amazing. I had the Tagliatelle Bolognese for my main course, which was wonderfully flavored and very filling. I couldn't even make it to the dessert course. I wanna go back and try the cast iron chicken, which I have heard is amazing.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Would have been a delightful Saturday night dinner but for the noise. Good food [duck and cassoulet were excellent], pleasant decor, and excellent service are marred by the crowd noise in this new Adams Morgan hotspot. Management must have gotten the word because egg-crate foam has been attached underneath each table. Unfortunately, this has done little to reduce the cacaphony of the crowd. Go for the food but don't expect conversation.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I love this place as it does not try to be anything more than it is. They serve simply great food in a cozy relaxing atmosphere. I was impressed with every dish, and that is really not the usual for me. I recommend the peppers for an appetizer if you like something spicy! I can't wait to go back. The only critique I have is that we went on a Saturday night at about 7:30 and the restaurant was so loud that we could barely hear each other. Good thing it was not a first date.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Busy sat night, ate in bar area as no reservations, but high top table just fine, very good service, outstanding food, definitely go there again

1  Thank vimapo
Reviewed January 15, 2013

The seafood, cassoulet and side dishes were all very good. Service fast and helpful, not too much hovering. Atmosphere ok but not particularly unique or beautiful. Worth going out of your way. Not cheap, not outrageous. Check on options for seating and drinks during happy hours to save.