“Fun, al fresco dining!”
Review of District Kitchen

District Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
District Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #180 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: Woodley Park Metro on the same block
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A group of us (8) had an enjoyable evening on the patio at District Kitchen. We shared a cheese course and their special, house-made pickles. The farm-to-table concept is done amazingly well. Good food and wine!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was in the District on business and staying the Marriott Wardman Park and interested in finding something within walking distance. The walk from the Marriott is under 5 minutes. The restaurant itself is warm and inviting- concrete floors and brick walls. They appear to have outside seating - perhaps in the spring and fall. I sat at the bar. The menu was terrific. The bartender suggested the duck ravioli (an appetizer). It was terrific. I challenged the bartender to top that suggestion - she went with steamed little necks. Excellent. I forced myself to stop there, though I could have tried everything on the menu.Highly recommend.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

There should be a neighborhood restaurant like this in every DC neighborhood. Unpretentious dining room with a very creative menu. Sharing small plates was a great start to dinner. For mains, I had melt in your mouth short ribs (perfect on a chilly night) and my husband and our friend had beautifully prepared fish. The full bar was a surprise, there's a very nice wine list
and the staff was first class. A great choice for vistors, or locals, with the Woodley Park Metro stop on the corner.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Warm and cozy...even if loud...this is a friendly, welcoming restaurant...well worth the visit! The food was all of excellent quality. It was mostly local and seasonal. Flavorful, beautifully presented and well balanced...I would go back tonight if I lived in Washington. My husband and I found the prices to be absolutely reasonable given the fine quality and not overly expensive by any means. I had marvelous, local fish and super vegetables, both cooked and as salad. My husband had an outstanding chicken dish and great vegetables. He also had a very good glass of wine. Super!

Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a mid priced casual bar and restaurant with a stunning menu. We tried a range of small plates including devine gnocchi and fabulous mushroom risotto. The wine is a little expensive but the atmosphere, service and food is so good that this doesn't matter. Highly recommend this place.