“Thank You!”

Transit: Metro Center, Smithsonian
Easton, Maryland
“Thank You!”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

There are not enough adjectives to describe the amazing meal we enjoyed at Osteria Elisir. Starting with the olive oil and sea salt tasting to the stuffed squid appetizer to the salads to the lamb ragu and duck and spinach pasta, everything was a tasty surprise. We knew immediately that all the glowing reviews were well earned. This is not your everyday Italian restaurant. The service is terrific, the staff knows the menu and is extremely friendly and helpful. A great wine list and homemade desserts (a cookie tray with pistachio zabaglione, I'm still thinking about that) made this one of our most memorable meals, we can't wait go again.

• Visited May 2013

Curitiba, PR
“Definitely upscale italian restaurant”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Everything nice , food, ambience, service, wine list, wine glasses, breads. Open kitchen , you feel and see chef's presence

Visited April 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Unbelievably Good!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The revamped Osteria Elisir is unbelievably good. Took a friend there for his birthday dinner--right after having read the very good review in the Washington Post--and it did not disappoint in anyway.Our guides Byron and Jenna knew the menu well and did a great job pointing out the options--of which there's a wide variety. I had the veal stew--phenomenal. Chef Enzo graciously came over to say hello. This was a treat on all levels.

Orlando, Florida
“Interesting Italian”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was my first time here so I can't compare it to the old Elisir, but we all had an excellent meal. Not inexpensive but worth it. The open kitchen is great and looks very efficiently run. The food was excellent all around. Wine list is good but not much under $50.

NYC
“An Unhappy Experience..and wine cheaters!!!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and I found this restaurant on Open Table since it was near the theater we we going to on a Saturday evening. Made a reservation..ended up spending more than $200 for dinner. However, the bad management decisions that affected our evening made me certain never to go there again.
First, we ordered appetizers..mine, a salad which came with goat cheese..which I don't eat. I can't tell you the number of times I have asked to substitute the goat cheese with another..never with a problem. I saw that this restaurant had gorgonzola and asked to have that instead. The waiter returned and informed me there would be a $3.00 charge to change to gorgonzola. I was not happy, but had no choice. The salad had 3 one inch squares of gorgonzola..for $3.00 which wasn't worth it for an unhappy customer.
Then I ordered a $14 glass of pinot grigio..I swear that the big wine glass had no more than 1 1/2 inches of wine in it..I complained when the waiter brought it but he just shrugged his shoulders. Later I ordered another and asked him to tell the bartender he was under pouring..the waiter returned with the same amount of wine and said that apparently he had no pull.
I will say that the food was good..we shared a $60 whole sea bass and it was fine. But the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth. I wouldn't go there if I were you.