All reviewscommon roomunion stationnightly eventsbig supermarketfully stocked kitchenevery eveningvaluablesmall
Reviewed January 21, 2014

ADVANTAGE: Late Check in since My train was VERY late. Outstanding Staff and LOCATION!!! Young Partying Crowd. Just not my scene so I moved to a Quieter Hostel. One bathroom was out of order so I had to upstairs to wait in line.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was my second hostel experience and I really fell in love with this place. It's an easy walk to Union Station/Metro, a 15min walk to the Capitol, and I really loved the charming neighborhood. All of DC is very accessible from here but you don't feel so suffocated from city dwelling. I found the facilities very clean even when there was a full house. The staff was very nice and helpful and they're currently remodeling both the house and the staff (for the better). Meeting people was very easy in the kitchen and common areas and I felt very at home and comfortable. The price is very good for the location. This place is filled mainly with people under the age of 35 and the quarters can be snug, but I personally wasn't bothered by this. I made many good traveling friends here from all over the world and I would recommend this place!

My only qualm would be the lack of bathrooms. There are only 4 1/2 bathrooms in the house. This is tolerable if you take your shower at night rather than in the morning. If you take up a schedule that's not like everyone else's, you'd be fine.

Room Tip: Bring your own lock, ear plugs, and eye mask and you'll never know you're sleeping in a full room!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Rebekah C
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I had a great time here,was so funny and made some good memory's, mark Levi and Charles are great staff they were super friendly and just generally great guys, would definitely stay in this place again and would recommend this hostel to anyone!
Tom.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tomas T
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights to visit Washington and it was all I needed. Great location , close (by foot) to Union Station and from there you can go everywhere around the city. I liked the atmosphere and the staff , especially the guy who made the pancakes every morning !!
The beds were cosy , clean and they a great atmosphere every day. I would definitely stay there again if I will have the chance to visit D.C.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cezar D
Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is a good place to stay if you're looking for a budget place to stay in DC. Its in walking distance of union station which grants easy access into all the main tourist sites and George town. Its surrounded by places to get food and a large grocery store. Its a great place for a solo traveller as theres always someone to talk to, I met a lot of interesting people here. You get a good thick blanket to sleep in (unlike most hostels I've stayed in that give you a thin sheet). Also the staff are really helpful and friendly. My only qualm with this place is that there could of been more bathrooms.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo