“The gumbo. The gumbo.”

Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
Reserve with OpenTable
Pearl Dive Oyster Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #87 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I had the oyster gumbo. It was one of the best things I have eaten. Deep roux, smoky Andouille, fresh tender oysters, well prepared veggies and perfect rice. The piece of garlic bread was delicious, but I had to borrow the grilled bread from my wife's mussels to completely finish the gumbo and wipe every speck of gumbo from the bowl. The mussels were amazing too. Second time here. It was better than the first, which was great.

I have to explain the rating on service. The service here is very good. The staff are lively and friendly. The young lady serving us was getting help on the POS when she was ringing in our food. I could see a lot of explaining from one of the other staff members every time she had to ring something in and she did not seem all the knowledgeable when she was at the table. She probably should not have been on he floor. It did not hurt our experience at all though, it as just not the normal really good service you get here.

There are newer reviews for Pearl Dive Oyster Palace

Reviewed June 22, 2013

I love this place for happy hour but get there quickly as it fills up fast. The bar staff is attentive and friendly. The oyster and drink selection is pretty good and the prices are reasonable for the area. The mussels are tasty too.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We started with a dozen oysters, which we asked our waitress to select. She had great knowledge of the pesky little crustaceans even though they change daily. I had Mahi-Mahi for the main course (catch of the day), which was lovely and washed down with a bottle of Chablis.

We reserved a table on arriving and waited 30 mins in the upstairs bar, which was no problem. The atmosphere was lively and fun. Really pleased we went there.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

Gotta say they have a great atmosphere to compliment the outstanding food. The Oysters were a great warmup to the Gulf Redfish. Very fresh, very good. Definatly be dining again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

For a wedding anniversary we wanted to try a dinner spot that our friends had been buzzing about. Pearl Dive had lots to offer, from the several dishes of oysters, to New Orleans flavors in the appetizers and main plates. After a play down the street at the Studio,we arrived at 5 p.m., the opening time for the dining room. Seated right away. My husband had an oyster po'boy, which was chocked with oysters, and I had grilled red fish, which was perfectly prepared. We shared a sumptuous apple pie dish. The bar in the front of the restaurant was busy, busy and the drinks looked delicious. We would recommend for a special date or casual dinner. Arrive early to beat the crowd.