“Terrific, fresh and excellent selection of oysters!”

Pearl Dive Oyster Palace
Reserve with OpenTable
Pearl Dive Oyster Palace is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 3,383 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My wife and I ate at the Black Salt on Monday, April 22nd and we are glad we did. Monday, during Happy Hour, the oysters are 1/2 price in both the bar and restaurant . I had 2 dozen of a mixed variety and they were all delish! Scott was our waiter and was above outstanding! He was on top of everything and made several suggestions that were spot on.
If you enjoy raw oysters, I highly recommend the Pearl Dive Oyster Palace!

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Joint was jumping and the host was nice enough to get us a table for 4 right away as it was my step daughter's birthday. Food was very good, but a little spicy. Cute atmosphere and friendly knowledgable staff.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Prepare for a long wait for a table at this super popular restaurant in DC. Or visit on your own and get a seat at the oyster bar. Or book ahead, I guess.
You will not be disappointed - the oyster selection extensive, the quality top class, and the service professional, friendly and international standard.
Erica, my waitress, was all that, and more, and helped me to select among the long list of East and West coast oysters, as well as recommend the most popular item on the menu: the mussels. The latter served in a (calorific) mouth-watering cream, wine and tomato based, oh, I forgot the garlic, sauce, which was easily soaked up with the toasted, sliced baguette bread (surely made on the premises, along with a small basket of totally (butter drenched) divine bread rolls (oh, did I forget to mention the soft butter that could be spread on these lovelies?).
I'm still salivating just writing this review.
Don't miss it!! It's better than the visit to the Capitol. Oh, actually, do both!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Pearl Dive is a really good restaurant. All four of us were very pleased with our meals and the service was good as well. The bar area is guaranteed to be packed and you'll probably be waiting if you go on a Thurs-Sat evening but once seated the atmosphere is cozy, spacious and welcoming.

Definitely get oysters on the half shell if that's your thing. They have several options to choose from and as expected (and hoped for) they were all delicious and fresh and the accompanying sauces were well done too. Oyster Po'boy was as good as anything I've eaten in New Orleans, bread basket to start was remarkably tasty. We had the Pie of the day (something with banana) and the pecan pie, but were a good way to end the meal.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

An awesome lunch at the bar. Coffee was great shockingly enough! We tried another baked oyster dish ( angels on horseback) which were so tasty I could have eaten a dozen. I did the burger which was pretty decent with great fries that are no doubt cooked in something bad or you. The bar area is excellent - I really must get back for some dinner and drinks. 40 bucks all up incl tip but no booze just coffee.